Night of the Werewolves XXVI: Children of Kylorin Sign Up Thread

CCRunner

Deity
Night of the Werewolves XXVI: Children of Kylorin

“I’m here” stated the man. Clad in a robe of shadows, nothing about him was visible save his face, and even that was partially concealed by a large hood. All around him, drunken men roared at nothing in particular and brawled with the slightest provocation. This man was a clear exception—his attention remained focused on the only form in the room less visible than he.

“Good. You are aware of what this entails I presume? And why we are fighting?”

“It entails death. Does the reason matter?”

“Very much so. Let me tell you a little story. For centuries this nation, if you could call it that, has looked upon men such as yourself as being merely second rate. Your brethren and mine were struck down for no crime but being normal. These wizards have been murdering for generations—now it’s our turn. Eight years ago I led the only mixed race unit in the conventional army in a revolt. We killed hundreds and lost more. Forced to flee to the outskirts of nowhere, we waited. Time after time, we struck and instantly melted away into the night. “ The man paused for a second, remembering his countless fights “But in time, men on both sides sought an end. That is why we are here—to end this fight. This peace conference is a farce, both sides know that. But we shall teach them not to underestimate us. We shall kill.”

Special RULES
Spoiler :
GOLD—Gold in this game will play a very large role. Gold may be spent to gain an extra vote for that day only. In addition, there will be a market of sorts where gold will be able to be traded for various beneficial and for some, necessary items. Some players will start out with gold but not everyone will. The main way of obtaining gold will be through daily lynchings/nightly killings. Whenever a player is killed, his/her life savings will go up for vote. This amount will usually be only one gold but can occasionally be more. No, players aren’t able to use their life savings ;)

Injuries—Injuries will happen at predetermined times, to random players. This is also what will occur if an attempt is made on the life of somebody with greater strength than the attacker, except in rare cases. Injured players will remain injured for 36 game hours (3 major updates). In this time, they can not vote or us their special ability. They are free to continue talking in the thread as they wish.

Voting—The player with the most votes to their name at the end of the day will die. On day one though, 2/3 of all cast votes are needed to kill a player. There will be no jail system. Also, I shall be using the system from Castle Stonemoor which since I’m to lazy to explain myself, I’ll just copy Niklas’s PM explaining it to me 
Niklas said:
Alright, here's the thing:

When disaster strikes, you find yourself an isolated group with a werewolf (or whatever) among you, is it reasonable that the first thing you do is start voting on one person to hang per day? Heck no.

When disaster strikes, you find yourself an isolated group with a werewolf (or whatever) among you, is it reasonable that accusations fly back and forth, tempers flare, steel flashes and blood is spilled? Heck yeah!

My mechanic is intended to capture exactly this subtle difference. In my games there were no votes and no hangings. There were accusations and (more or less) accidental deaths. In effect they are exactly similar, but one gives a believable story and the other doesn't.

For the players, the only difference is that they should take care to cast their accusations in roleplay style, so instead of "The Wool Merchant gets my vote", you would instead have to say "I find the Wool Merchant's presence very unsettling, I bet he is the werewolf that has arrived among us". Not much different for how most already play, and how IMO everyone should play.

For the GM, the difference is a bit more tricky, but also more liberal. Instead of the everyday hanging, beheading, throwing off a cliff, walking the plank or whatever standard lynch mechanism has been used, you get to do the death free-style, different each day. In my game the wool merchant was trying to escape the angry people at the table that had started throwing their wine goblets after him, and as he ran he tripped and fell down the stairs and broke his neck. He was innocent. The Guardsman on the other hand was first accused by the noble Knight, and when it came down to it the Knight drew his sword in challenge, to which the Guardsman answered by growing furs. Then I could implement that death as the Knight killing the Guardsman in single combat.

You get the idea. Roleplaying and storytelling in a believable setting, rather than trying to tack an unreasonable and not believable out-of-game mechanic (the voting) into the setting itself.

Races—This game will feature more unique races. Each race will have its own special benefits, unique to them. The races will be as follows: Human, Dwarven, Elven, Orcish, and a single Golem.

Spells—there will be spells. The exact nature and effect of these spells will be kept secret for now, but they’re all suitably different.

Other-- There may be a few things I'm keeping to myself ;) I'll explain those when the time comes

And apologies for the crappy writing, in this teaser story and in the future updates. I'll do my best but compared to some of you, my best sucks :sad:

Also, thank you to Diamondeye for helping come up with the name. And for those of you to lazy to read the story or confounded by my poor writing, here's the basic outline--
Spoiler taken from an IM conversation :
alright, so there's this civil war type thing going on in the amurite army. the non-magic guys are pissed at the magic guys so they rebel. so it's like this eight year long war thing, and they both agree to some peace conference that both their leaders will be at in some random village that'll happen in like two weeks.but both sides know it's a sham and send in like infiltrator guys to kill the other leader

Reserved for Sign Ups. You may now post :)

1. thomas.berubeg
2. Hell_hound
3. Jono
4. Winston Hughes
5. Methos
6. Niklas
7. Backwards Logic
8. Renata
9. D'artagnan59
10. TheForestAuro
11. Nictel
12. Chandrasekhar
13. Ekolite
14. KingMorgan
15. Banana Lee ;)
16. (ZPV)
17. PrinceScamp
18. Sepuku
19. PaulusIII
20. Seon
21. Icekommander
22. Kulko
23. Krill
24. Love
25. Stuck in Pi
26. Stee
27. Abaddon
28. RRRaskolnikov
29. Aramazd
30. Catharsis
31. mythmonster2
32. iamwlrs4
33. z4ackdabeast
34. sprig
35. Pinman
36. Oyzar

Reserve Sign ups--

Also, new rule, anybody who posts in a language the GM can't understand can't play ;)

Of course I'm in. :)

Signing Up.

Goes without saying I'm in. Good luck, CCRunner! :D

In without having read one word. ;)

Top Bottom