Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

I am just warning people that when I say update's 21:00 (or something like that), I am not sitting with a watch counting the seconds. It means "around 21". If you want to be sure your vote/action is registered, I suggest adding it to the thread/PMing ½-1 hour before 21.

By the way, I think I still lack 5 players or so for XXVIII.

How about we just say "update is around this time tomorrow" instead

Less math that way :p

To add to the confusion: CET is GMT +1, except during daylight saving time, then it's GMT +2 (It's then called CEST).

GMT is now officially UTC (universal time coordinated), this strange abbreviation is a result of a compromise with the French. :p

Catharsis said:
oyzar said:
Catharsis said:
Sentence is from Post #174 (Tolis):

Tolis said:
Methos you tried to attack me last night, and now accuse me of being a demon.

After some intense studying, you are sure that what Tolis spoke is the truth.

Ready to flick out the candle and put your book away you suddenly hear a sound. Just as you turn around to see what it is, you feel a sharp pain at your neck. It feels like all life is being drained from you. You feel the world spinning.

The attacked utters some words you don't understand and suddenly you feel something change within you. You grow stronger and you feel like fire is raging through your body, the fire grow hotter and hotter until you pass out.

Your race is now "Vampire" and your Victory condition is "Vampire".

Oh man, I just got this Google ad on the Forum Games main page:

Google is on to me! And it is trying to sell me stuff :confused:

Catharsis

I laughted hard when I got this.

Some more pm's that people might find interesting from my game:

oyzar said:
Methos said:
Uh, did I lose my knife or something? What happened last night?

Have you seen your item description? :p You have a lot of knives...

As for last night...

You entered the old man's cabin. He seemed to be asleep though he was very restless and trashing around. Aiming to finish things quickly (as usual). You tried to slit his troath. This woke him up however. Blood was gushing from his wound but he still managed to last out at you. You brought up your dagger to block and pierced his hand, though the impact still threw you back to the wall. He rose up and lunged at you. You managed to dodge and slash at his other arm. He tried to say something you recognized as magic but you were quicker and threw another dagger at his mouth. This shut him up at least, though it didn't stop him. He came at you yet again. As you dodged you cut deeply into his leg. This made him topple on the floor. After that it was a simple matter of driving the dagger into his heart and twisting it. When you did so, his whole boody convulsed and destroyed that dagger. He also shriveled in to become as he was found in the morning.

oyzar said:
CCRunner said:
I'll dream of pinman tonight. And what do the tools do?

You fall asleep thinking of your grandfather...

It is dark. You can hardly see anything. There is snow comming down, just like outside now... You try to see if you can spot anything. Then suddenly you see a figure comming past. He doesn't seem like he wants to be seen. You try to keep up, but he is too fast. You lose him around a corner. You run faster to catch up and...

*BUMP*

You hit into something hard and fall on your back. There above you towers your grandfather. He looks scary in the darkness, you can hardly make out how big he is. He turns around and looks down. He swoops down towards you...

And suddenly you are in his arms, just like when you were little. "Are you ok sweety?" He asks. Well nothing wrong with the Wine Farmer, just another human like you.

oyzar said:
CCRunner said:
I'll check the race of Kulko

You fall asleep thinking of the Paladin. You are suddenly in unfamiliar surroundings. There are lot of guys around you running around and yelling. You are pushed along into a run as well.

"Go, go, go!"

A big, meanfaced screams into your face. You run, scared from the big guy. You are running on some sort of track with different obstacles, the route is all filled with mud. One guy falls on his face in the mud. The big guy screams at him.

"Get up you son of a . .. .. .. .. .. You don't have time to be sleeping! If you want to be though you gotta show it. We don't take in weaklings who laze around all day and cry for mommy!"

The soldiers quickly gets up and screams "Yes, Sir!" before running even harder than before into the course again. You get tired from the running, and the obstacles are difficult to pass. Your chest burns with extortion. You fall in the mud. As you do so the big guy is all over you!

"What is this! Are you a little girl? You can't lay here! You gotta push on if you want to be anything. This isn't a place for weaklings!"

You want to scream at him. What the heck is he doing in the dream? Then suddenly comes a guy you recognize as the Paladin Kulko. He picks you up and runns on with you in his arms.

"What are you doing here?" He asks "I'll help you get through this. The training to become a paladin is rough."

While this place is certainly nothing nice, you recognize that everyone here, just like the Paladin are human.

oyzar said:
z4ckdabeast said:
Ability: Seer – you can determine the race of one person each night
I would like to find out what Sepuku's race is.

You fall asleep thinking of the butcher...

Your dreams are wild, you see the butcher in the forest. Before your eyes she changes into a beast, half woman, half wolf, she charges at you. You want to wake up but you can't, the dream is keeping you in. She lunges at you and slashes at your face. Just as you expect to feel the claws tear into you, you feel a soft slap of a human hand on your face. You look at the butcher again, she is no longer a beast. She is just as you have always known her, a human...

oyzar said:
TheForestAuro said:
Backwards Logic

Your target tonight is the old man. One would think he wouldn’t have much virility left. However you are pleasantly surprised. His stamina is surprising and you get much pleasure from draining him dry. Your feeding is cut somewhat short by your target’s condition, however when you return to yourself, you see a sight you didn’t think you would see again. Before you stand one of the most powerful demons you know about. A demon prince from hell, he got insane strength and powerful magic. He clearly could have killed you already, so you understand that he is here for other reasons. He utters one word:

“COME!”

And you instantly understand. This village has to die. While your means have been draining the villagers, it isn’t very effective, time has come for slaughter. Following the demon prince is the best means to achieve this. There is no other way, it is only your death, or theirs.

Your victory condition has been changed to “Demon”. Your team will be victorious when the combined strength is higher than those of the others remaining in the game. Should no other member from your team send in a kill, you will be able to do so. You can (and must) still use your normal nightly ability. Together with Niklas and stee you make up the demon team.

oyzar said:
Niklas said:
"Kill"/convert TheForestAuro.

When you enter the room of the Seamstress, she seems otherwise engaged. You realize this immeadiatly as a succubuss feeding. Ah, succubusses, those can be fun to play with ;). Well she might prove useful. You wait for her to finish her feeding before you work your magic on her.

"COME"

She has little resistance to your magic. Hopefully she won't even realize you used magic on her and she will think it is her own idea to join up with you.

Might be fun to get the succubuss to come play with you at night, though more so if she thinks it her own idea (both of you need to pm me that you wish to spend the night together, though you can still use any abilities you want otherwise). Her powers doesn't work on you, so you'll just be more energized instead of drained after a round of playing with her.

Do you have the one where I had my arms broken? I wanted to show it to the others, but I deleted it.

oyzar said:
The Butcher is woken up the by the Tools merchant. She is strapped to her bed. The Tools Merchant tries to insert a needle into her neck. The butcher is incrediblly strong and manage to get out of the binding and batter him away before he can succed however. The Tools Merchant draws a wicked looking dagger with backhooks like a fishing hook. The butcher is faster however and manages to charge him into the wall. There is a loud crack and the Tool merchant twists in pain. Both his arms somehow managed to get broken.

The tools merchant is now injured.

Here it is.

Day 3

So I see the Morning post, and as I told oyzar, I needed to swear. Not only was Ekolite innocent, but Winston- a potential valuable ally, was dead. Furthermore, as the day progressed, two valuable members of the cure team- Methos and Sepuku, were in considerable danger. Myself and Morgan appeared powerless to save them, and the situation looked incredibly grim.

The situation called for radical action. I decided to accord TFA a degree of trust, based on my theories about innocent demons and his confirmed ability. It seemed unlikely in my opinion that TFA would reveal himself as a demon if he was guilty. You also have to remember that at this time I thought the only role the demons played in the game was to be unconvertible (Something that Oyzar tells me is true btw). In any event, after beating around the bush for a bit, I told him that I was the curer and Sepuku was innocent. It was only much later that I was to slip up and TFA would find out that I wasn’t the curer.

In any event, TFA believed me and rescinded his accusation of Sepuku in the thread. He told me everything he knew, including that Banana Lee’s ability was to lower a person’s strength by cutting their clothes every night. This struck me as suspicious, but TFA said that he and Banana had protect motivations on each other and he didn’t think Banana was guilty.

Things were great with TFA for a while, until he pops in to tell me that he knows Methos is a killer. Apparently Catharsis had scanned one of Methos’ sentences and discovered that he killed Tolis! Catharsis decided to trust TFA, being an apparent representative of the curer, with this information. To defuse the situation, I told TFA that myself and Methos had been scanned to have innocent VCs by a prophet, but that Methos was indeed an innocent vigilante.

Now, having known Catharsis’ ability since the previous day, I had already slipped in a sentence in the thread saying that I was innocent. Catharsis was supposed to find this sentence by himself, thereby giving him reason to trust me. However, with Catharsis now actively trying to get one of my valuable allies lynched, it became necessary to confront him directly. I told him that I knew of his ability, that Methos was innocent, and pointed to my sentence in the thread as scan material for that night. Later on, I also asked Methos to leave his own - “I am innocent”- declaration in the thread. This didn’t amount to anything as Catharsis chose to scan my sentence.

Reasonably early on, Methos approached me to tell me that he had been in contact with civplayah since the beginning of the game. Apparently, civplayah claimed to be able to determine somebody’s ability through “interrogation”, and had scanned Renata on Night 1 and Winston on Night 2. He claimed that Renata had no ability, and Winston could determine whether or not somebody was a ghost. Methos took the convenient deaths of Winston and Renata to mean that civplayah was lying, and wanted to kill him. I advised against this, and was pretty sure that civplayah sounded innocent. I mean, what Methos was proposing would be a pretty stupid move for a killer. So I suggested that we have civplayah scan TFA as a way to confirm his ability. In any event, this new information made me scared about a third conversion team, and for the rest of the game i’d be looking over my shoulder scared that one morning the ghosts were going to take over- having played me brilliantly.

The following was revealed in the Book of the Werewolves on this day:

Spoiler :
Reading further in the book, you come to a section that looks interesting. Pretty much any humanoid species can turn into a werewolf. Humans, elves, dwarves and orcs have known to be infected. Not only werewolves exist. There are also werebears and even werefish. Most animals can be used for werefication. Not all of them are as useful however, and few match the strength, speed and cunning of the werewolves. The reason werewolf is the most common might also be because not many of the other possiblities have been tried out...

I decided to take advantage of the two public spokesmen for the cure team- Sepuku and TFA. At this point I was labouring under the assumption that the Vampire Master’s ability would be to convert others- like Sepuku- and therefore could not have another confirmable ability. I also assumed that he would have a book of vampires- and therefore couldn’t have a confirmable item. So I sent out Sepuku to badger people to show him their items and tell him about themselves. Sepuku distinguished himself in this art of badgering. Under threat of lynch he got Autolycus to reveal his Hourglass and its ability to extend the day by 24 hours. He also discovered thomas’ Drum, Chandrasekhar’s Staff, Paulus’ Harp, and the fact that gargnarath and Seon both claimed the ability to have a double vote because they were pregnant. This would confuse me, make me suspicious, and ultimately cause the murder of gargnarath by Methos later on.

Despite being certain of Sepuku’s innocence I continued voting against him to maintain my cover. I asked Morgan not to vote for the same reason. The newly created cure team however, began voting against people we considered suspicious. Autolycus was suspicious because of a letter he sent Sepuku advising him not to mention the notion of a second cure team. We also suspected Izipo because the way he was voting against Sepuku in the face of his new support struck a chord in my gut. Ultimately we realized that we weren’t going to get anybody lynched and we reverted to trying to support Sepuku with our known allies.

Later on in the day sprig approached me to tell me that gargarath told him that zackdabeast was a prophet and found Sepuku to be a wolf! Now, this confused me immensely as I knew this was impossible. So, in order to clear things up, I approached Zack and asked him to trade abilities. I told him taht weapons in my hand gave +1 strength more than in somebody else’s. He told me that he was a race prophet, having scanned sprig and Sepuku. He told me that sprig was human, but never exactly told me what he had found on Sepuku. For his next scan, he was planning to check TFA but i told him that it was silly to check somebody who already admitted to being a member of the demon race. Instead, I suggested Chandrasekhar. Unfortunately, when I PMed zack in the morning, he told me he was bored of NoTW and had decided not to scan Chand.

Now, I had been planning to scan Backwards Logic that night to gain some information on a good player who was remaining suspiciously silent. You can therefore imagine my surprise when right after the evening post Backwards logic approached me and told me that he converted me into a vampire on Night 1! I was totally blown by this sudden revelation that I became suspicious that Backwards Logic was trying to bluff me into revealing a conversion attempt. Eventually however, I came to believe that he was telling the truth ( which wasn’t exactly good for him). He told me that Catharsis was converted on Night 2, and I recommended Chandrasekhar for a Night 3 conversion. I was also surprised to learn that his motivation was to survive, and that there was no Book of Vampires- something I had expected to find.

In any event, I concocted a story about me scanning for motivations to explain being out when he converted me on night 1, and promised to talk to him in the morning. I then called an emergency conference of the cure team, and it was agreed that TheForestAuro would put Backwards logic to sleep to prevent him from resisting a kill like Tolis had; Methos was to murder Backwards Logic with his knives; Morgan was to cure Catharsis; and I decided to use my ability on Kulko, somebody I had been concerned about since the previous day.

This is what I received on Kulko that night:

Spoiler :
oyzar said:
Pinman said:
I would like to observe the activities of Kulko, The Paladin.

When you come to the room of the Paladin, he is clearly not sleeping in his bed. Seems like everyone are out of their bed at night in this village you think to yourself before heading home.

Pinman said:
Now, having known Catharsis’ ability since the previous day, I had already slipped in a sentence in the thread saying that I was innocent. Catharsis was supposed to find this sentence by himself, thereby giving him reason to trust me. However, with Catharsis now actively trying to get one of my valuable allies lynched, it became necessary to confront him directly. I told him that I knew of his ability, that Methos was innocent, and pointed to my sentence in the thread as scan material for that night. Later on, I also asked Methos to leave his own - “I am innocent”- declaration in the thread. This didn’t amount to anything as Catharsis chose to scan my sentence.

It did have another (perhaps unintended) effect, though - it dissuaded me from further action against Methos, where I had previously planned on a rebuttal of the details Methos posted.

Since Sepuku had told me of Catharsis' ability (without the name though) and Methos' comment seemed to fit poorly, I'd figured that comment was to get himself scanned innocent by Catharsis. And I was at least prepared to wait another day for a lynch, and Methos redeemed himself that night... ;)

oyzar said:
Methos said:
I'm killing Tolis.

You sneak out of your house. Well it is not like you haven't fought demons before... Though then you always had the back up of a full party. Strong fighters, brilliant mages and wise clerics all helped you out...

You arrive at the Corn Farm, silent through the heavy snow. You walk around the house and manage to open a window to enter through. You sneak through the house and find the sleeping form of the corn farmer. A knife in the back is quick and deadly...

Only this time it isn't. The corn farmer comes awake with a roar. He sweeps his arm at you. Normally you should be able to dodge a blow from a person who was sleeping only seconds before. The blow is insanely fast and hits you in the chest like a racing horse. You are thrown back and through a window. His strength and speed is beyond anything a mortal could have.

Out in the snow you hide and wait for him to come out, it takes a while before you realize he won't... The first try didn't go so well, you are not sure how many ribs you broke, and now you don't have the element of surprise anymore. As such you head home to bandage yourself.

Still waiting for the rest from pinman ;).

Note that this doesn't actually confirm in any way that Tolis was a demon, but Methos thought Tolis was a demon as he went out to hunt him...

Top Bottom