No aqueducts?

AsheMorgan

Chieftain
Should start by saying I'm using CivIII Gold, which I believe is PTW.
I've been trying a new deal this game...not building aqueducts in cities, but I've noticed a few cities around my country that are higher than 6, and I can't seem to figure out why.

Building a town on a river means they have fresh water and don't need to build aqueducts to support growth. :D

Correction: I should have said "river or fresh water lake" above, but it was late when I posted. But you get the idea. :D

Hmm, this gives me an idea for a mod. An arid world with no aqueducts until says steam power or electricity is researched, or maybe simply none at all. That would put settling near a river or fresh water lake a very high priority, and give the civilization near water resources a massive edge. Need to think seriously about that one.

No, not quite so extreme as the Dune World. More like the single super-continent projected in Future World or more like the late Jurassic period. A lot of salt water, but not a lot of fresh water. Have to think about maybe some form of desalination technology.

AI couldn't deal with that, but it would make good for a multiplayer game

I think that LOTM is a suitable mod in this case.
The aqueduct could be built only in the end of the second era (or early second era with beeline).
This is significantly weakening the AI as the term beeline is a foreign thing to it.

I think that LOTM is a suitable mod in this case.
The aqueduct could be built only in the end of the second era (or early second era with beeline).
This is significantly weakening the AI as the term beeline is a foreign thing to it.

Are you thinking of requiring something like Engineering and say, Steam Power for Aqueducts? That would be interesting.

Aqueducts where a Roman thing, (I mean what did the romans ever do for us), so I dont like them out of the ancient era.

Aqueducts where a Roman thing, (I mean what did the romans ever do for us), so I dont like them out of the ancient era.

I was thinking more of aqueducts on a primarily desert world, with a lot less water. That would require a more advanced technology than what aqueducts would take here, where you have fairly abundant rainfall in most areas.

They're a modern thing, too. How do you think LA gets most of its water?

I do wish there was a canal technology, though. It was critically important in the Early Modern era in Europe & the US, & also in China for centuries.

kk

Isn't there canal's in Civ 4? I never played it.

Top Bottom