No Gold and then?

Gumby3000

Supreme Dark Lord
Hello

Hope someone can answer this!

What happens when you run out of gold in civ3 and you have a net loss of say -6 or so?

I have it in a game. My gold (ofcourse) stays zero and I lose nothing of improvements or something else?

So my question is don't you lose anything like improvements or science when you're treasury is empty and when the net income is negative?

Thanks

:)

you don't lose anything??? shouldn't you lose units??

maybe its a bug?? :confused:

This depends on difficulty levels. Don't worry, you won't get away with it once you move up the scale a bit. Your assets will start getting decommissioned or forcibly sold off! At the easiest level you can get away with deficit spending. Not so on tougher settings.

I was doing great with Gold till I went to war and started pumping out troops... Then my gold kept dropping... Till it was -9

What do I need to do to maintain my income when going to war?

Set tax collectors?
Decrease income to science and have it go to treasury?

Want to get some incite from some of the veterans on what their strategy is to keep the money coming while pumping out troops...

Thanks
wb

The way to get more gold is depending on your strategy.

If you're at war and you've a strategy in mind like destroying your foes instead of making peace with them science is less important, but if you want to win with a space race or a cultural victory then you'd better use taxmen.

Also If you play in a warm climate on for example an old world you can build cities that grow very fast. After a city grows beyond 21 there are no places left in the city radius. All population above 21 becomes taxmen automatically

when I played my first game I had a -50 gold somewhere in the middle on a easy difficulty level. But then it 'wasn't a problem because on low difficulties it's not so bad.

So it depends strongly on your strategy... :)

Originally posted by wildbillm
I was doing great with Gold till I went to war and started pumping out troops... Then my gold kept dropping... Till it was -9

What do I need to do to maintain my income when going to war?

Set tax collectors?
Decrease income to science and have it go to treasury?

Want to get some incite from some of the veterans on what their strategy is to keep the money coming while pumping out troops...

Thanks
wb

Probably in this case it was because of unit maintenance. Check your domestic advisor screen, and it will tell you where all your money is going. If it's going to unit maintenance, either change your government type, get more cities, or kill off some of your units. Despotism can support 4 units per city. Republic and Democracy can't.

Originally posted by Maven

Probably in this case it was because of unit maintenance. Check your domestic advisor screen, and it will tell you where all your money is going. If it's going to unit maintenance, either change your government type, get more cities, or kill off some of your units. Despotism can support 4 units per city. Republic and Democracy can't.

My government type is Monarchy... How many can they support?

Monarchy supports 2 units up cities up to size 6,
4 units from 7 to 12
8 units from 13+

All other units are supported by money!

BTW, Communism is the pretty much the same as Monarchy except for a lower corruption level and I presume the model (distance from capitol, etc..)

Jay

Top Bottom