no gold discovering CS?

brewgod

Prince
Hello Guys

Is it a setting that I am not seeing or have all CS been discovered already? I have played the part two games where finding CS I get no gold.

Thanks
Brew God

I think when you declared war more than once on any CSs, they stop giving you gold on discovery.

That must be it. I have been stealing workers and then making piece. Steal another worker and make piece.

Thanks
Brew God

If you're in a game where you kind of have a pocket city state, you could declare war, not steal a worker, and then never make peace. Just keep your military out of their vision and you can swoop in and take as many as you like. It can take some time, so I wouldn't plan on all your workers coming from there. But it's a way to get multiples without incurring the penalties for warring CSs more than once.

Maybe theres other scenarios that give no gold on disco of new (to you) city state besides the multiple declare war on CS = no gold discovery

Kinda rare, I'd say maybe only a few times in last couple dozen games - so not common - but I've never declared war on a CS, ever - and had my unit discover a new CS I hadnt met before and recieved no gold.

Never had this happen in early game, but seems like only around mid game or later, if for example playing continents map and had turtled up / isolation, so hadnt explored other continet till industrial or later.

The weird thing is its not every CS on other comtinent that doesnt give gold, its like just 1 or maybe 2 max on entire standard size map that for some reason doesnt give gold on discovery.

Cses will get really mad if you steal a worker from multiple cses by making peace with one and then declaring war on the other and stealing worker from the other. If you want to steal a few workers, declare war on one and stay at war with the cs so that way the cses won't get mad at you that easy and give you their bonuses.

Alternatively, if you have a strong army already anyway, you can ask for tribute > worker. The only penalty is the influence (and possible quests for other civs). No declaration of war needed.

Top Bottom