No interface, ctrl+alt+o does nothing

Bringa

King
Hey,

I got the latest version of BUG from SVN. When I start a game, I see no interface whatsoever and ctrl+alt+o has no effect. Alt+I or Ctrl+I have no effect either. What am I doing wrong?

Did you remove the old version of BUG (if you had it installed before)?

Did you unzip the archive to the Beyond the Sword folder so it replaced your existing CustomAssets folder?

Can you post the contents of the file Logs/PythonErr.log. It will contain details about the error you're seeing.

Hey,

I installed BUG as a mod, not onto the normal Civ BTS installation. I didn't have an old version of BUG installed. I went to this page: http://civ4bug.sourceforge.net/BUGMod.html and downloaded the daily SVN release, then unpacked that into a folder I called BUG Mod. In that folder I now have the subfolders Assets, BUG Mod, CustomAssets, and PublicMaps. This looked a little weird to me, but since the BUG Mod.ini is in the right place I thought it'd be okay.

EDIT: I noticed now that there is an error message: "BUG Init: cannot find XML file for mod init"

When installing as a mod, Civ4 requires the files to be installed in the Assets folder. Delete the empty Assets folder that got created (right-click it and select Properties, it should say there are 0 files in it), and rename CustomAssets to Assets.

Edit: Actually, I don't see how BUG files are being used at all. The CustomAssets folder should be ignored, and that's where all the BUG code is, so how is the game even seeing it? Also, make sure you name your mod folder "BUG Mod 3.5.1" exactly.

Top Bottom