No more AND, what now?

karigaut

Chieftain
Since development of AND has stoped (for now at least) what MOD do you recommend? C2C, AND Enhanced Civics mods... other? Or are there finaly some good Civ5 mods out?

Thank you and merry christmast :)

C2C if you have a Good gaming rig.

AND Enhanced Civics is an Update to AND's Civics to improve game play.

As for Civ5, don't play nor will I buy it as long as the only way to get it is thru Steam.

JosEPh :)

Obviously steam is not the only way, im sure the piratebay can hook you up.

There are even multiplayer workarounds and all DLC etc, i have legit copy but just fyi.

I hate steam too, this is the money earning machine, where you have to pay for everything, even for maps and patches. Soon we will be forced to pay for fresh air.

Obviously steam is not the only way, im sure the piratebay can hook you up.

There are even multiplayer workarounds and all DLC etc, i have legit copy but just fyi.

Won't go there either. :nuke:

JosEPh :)

C2C has some interesting features, but is also pretty bloated. At some point, more is not necessarily better....it is just more. Between RoM and AND, I was pretty happy with the level of detail.

@Cykur,
Try vincentz VIP or karadoc's K-Mod if C2C is too much.

JosEPh

Thanks Joseph, I'll take a look at them.

I recently fired up Civ IV again. I had been frustrated with the endless AND betas never quite being finished and the direction AND had been heading, so I recently cobbled together a build of 1.75C with bunch of selected civs from the Mega Civ pack. I also merged in a few balance changes from 1.76 like Walker Mechs and the Attack strength changes for archers and light swordsmen based on technology, but left out the hated Commando on horseman. I'm playing a huge game through and it SEEMS pretty stable so far.

I read K-mod is mostly an enhanced engine that doesn't have RoM expanded gameplay yet? Maybe I don't know where to look for the latest version? Vincentz' mod looks pretty on target and has a couple neat things, maybe I will give it a shot at some point.

I am really hoping my 1.75C variant doesn't have major problems, because it is probably one of the best versions of Civ IV ever made. I've read some folks complaining about later era stagnation, so we'll see.

Thanks Joseph, I'll take a look at them.

I recently fired up Civ IV again. I had been frustrated with the endless AND betas never quite being finished and the direction AND had been heading, so I recently cobbled together a build of 1.75C with bunch of selected civs from the Mega Civ pack. I also merged in a few balance changes from 1.76 like Walker Mechs and the Attack strength changes for archers and light swordsmen based on technology, but left out the hated Commando on horseman. I'm playing a huge game through and it SEEMS pretty stable so far.

I read K-mod is mostly an enhanced engine that doesn't have RoM expanded gameplay yet? Maybe I don't know where to look for the latest version? Vincentz' mod looks pretty on target and has a couple neat things, maybe I will give it a shot at some point.

I am really hoping my 1.75C variant doesn't have major problems, because it is probably one of the best versions of Civ IV ever made. I've read some folks complaining about later era stagnation, so we'll see.

Would you mind uploading your personal build? I would love to play it as we see eye-to-eye on most features.

Would you mind uploading your personal build? I would love to play it as we see eye-to-eye on most features.

I backed out a couple of the python related tweaks like techs changing unit strength. Walker Mechs need more tinkering since they are in game but I haven't bothered to fix the TXT_KEY_UNIT calls for them.... which is fine since I almost never play with the future era...I guess I should fix it or back them out.

Which is for the best, since I have really slow upload so it would be hard for me to put my build out there. You should probably just download 1.75c and hunt down the ROM/AND Mega Civ Pack. For the most part, I'm just using 1.75c with some of my own balance tweaks in the data files.

You can find 1.75C at http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-mankind-a-new-dawn

Realism Invictus is a very well produced mod. It's wealth of flavour units for each and every civ is increadible. It's the most stable multiplayer mod I have ever played as well. If you like historical accuracy then I suggest giving this a go.

Realism Invictus is a very well produced mod. It's wealth of flavour units for each and every civ is increadible. It's the most stable multiplayer mod I have ever played as well. If you like historical accuracy then I suggest giving this a go.

Ironically, this mod also caught my eye, and I totally agree. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and have really been enjoying it. It may not have Revolutions, but it isn't really missed playing on the world map. I can't play the biggest map because it runs too damn slow on my computer, but the Large map plays pretty well. I have also had total stability with this mod, no problems whatsoever.

c2c was ok if it was stable, but I had numerous crashes and oos (I only play mp games).
And I wish they didn't have 'stone gatherers', 'bark gatherers', 'thin mushroom gatherers', 'thick mushroom gatherers'.... These additions are not special and just bloat the game, often don't even make sense whatsoever.

Realism invictus (for me) has similar problem as the vanilla civ, it just feels sterile. There's not enough interesting things in it (revolutions alone is a huge missing feature).

I also cooked up my own version of rand 1.74 (I didn't like some of changes/removals in 1.75, plus 1.75 was significantly less stable than 1.74 in mp games). I rebelanced wonders (no more crazy '+10/20% gold in every city') and modify traits that were quite useless before (organized, industrious and financial beat traits like creative,charismatic so much that no one in our game plays with anything but the better traits)

Realism Invictus plays best with their world scenarios, which is probably why you don't like it as much. I completely agree that C2C is bloated beyond all reason.

I'm kind of patiently waiting to see the KMod + RoM 2.92 merge that Mattygerst is working on. There is another thread in this forum on it.

I was wondering, I'm playing MP games with my wife right now and we don't have any particular problem except for the known bug of AI units travelling faster than normal on roads inside our borders. Are there other serious bugs that I'm not aware of? I'm using the latest SVN version with coinage fix and a bit of xml tweaking done by myself to play on normal speed with the following settings (simultaneous turns and mastery victory):

PerfectMongoose v310 Large Map
No Barbarian Civs
Multiple Production
Multiple Research
Usable Mountains
Surround and Destroy
Advanced Diplomacy
Assimilation
Great Commanders
Realistic Culture Spread
Larger Cities
Realistic Corporation
Religion Decay
United Nations
Advanced Espionage
Explanded Castle
Arctic anc City Parks
Meteorology
Civic Buildings
Early Buildings
Historical Wonders
Modern Corportaions
Advanced Nukes

Until now, we've been able to play at least 3 games to the end with some OOS which were solved anyway by just both quitting the game and reloading the last save (we're also using both Revolutions and Random Events). The only thing we need to be sure of is that we both had the same ROM-AND folder (which was done by simply copying the folder on both computers) and that the cache was clear before we started the game.
The game seems pretty much stable to me. I'm wondering why we still consider it a beta. What is that still need to be fixed?

I rebelanced wonders (no more crazy '+10/20% gold in every city') and modify traits that were quite useless before (organized, industrious and financial beat traits like creative,charismatic so much that no one in our game plays with anything but the better traits)

LOL... I always use Catherine (Cre/Imp) and no Org/Ind/Fin leader has ever been able to win against me... :D

You would be in for a surprise against my friend who does wonders if you let him play for mansa musa(it was a leader banned since the one game I let him play with that leader; he soon had 2x lead and it was a quick game over for me). Even in our current game with rebalanced traits, he's a leader in techs.

Top Bottom