No Stone For City - Resource Across 1 Title Coast

damunzy

recovering former mod
Retired Moderator
My civ is in the Classical Era with Sailing and Masonry discovered. I built the Quary and a Road on the Marsh plot that has Stone. The Stone is within my city radius but is separated by a 1 tile Coast "sea". My city is not receiving the Stone resource. It looks like the stone is on a different continent- maybe that is why I can't get it even though I am only separated by Coast and not Ocean?

By damunzy at 2009-12-22

Anybody know why I am not receiving the resource and how I would go about getting it?

got to build a fort instead :(

got to build a fort instead :(

+ a path or road

or you build a fort on the tile next to it (inside borders) and connect the fort and the quarry with a path/road.

+ a path or road

or you build a fort on the tile next to it (inside borders) and connect the fort and the quarry with a path/road.

didn't know of that

you're welcome! just a little christmas information gift... :) as i am really in the spirit, having a beautiful girlfriend and a marriage planned next year... god, am i happy! plus i won a chess tournament this night, hehe! cheers! ;)

+ a path or road

Build a fort even though it is within the city's fat cross? :crazyeye: BTW, there is a Road there.

I have another situation where I have Obsidian that is within my sole city's fat cross (2 size cross, not 3) but there is a River separating the resource from the city. Do I need a Fort in this situation also? Again, the resource is not appearing in my city build screen (I cannot build Axemen even though I have the prerequisite techs).

Nevermind on my Obsidian question, I had a Mine not a Quarry on the Resource. :doh:

Considering that the ancient Greek's top quality Marble was on Delos, the equivelent of a one tile island, there should be a way of remedying this. Have work boute build a 'sea trade route' or something. Just a no bonus road that links resources.

Huh.. interesting little trick with the Fort. I always thought if the resource was on a separate piece of land I'd have to build a city nearby/on top of it.

Its always bugged me that even if I had a city that 1)wasn't directly connected to my capital on land ie, an island or a different stretch of land and 2)was still interconnected with the rest of my cities via the culture blanket, that I still suffered from maintenance penalties due to it being considered not a connected part of my nation..

I had a different problem than this but i just found a solution that could fix multiple things at same time. my original problem was that i have some cities on a larger isle and some on a continent and a trieme on the caost sea tile that lies between the land masses to bring caravans and whatsoever to the other shore. problem is that it's hell annoying to move your units manually to the ferry and unload them manually next turn and send your ships to sleep again and a raod like connection is available much later with joyoos SeaTunnel mod.

Solutiuon: rename SeaTunnel to Ferry, make them available with first transport ships (not with working boats maybe since they don't look like they could carry much; the trieme would build the ferry) and our both problem is solved. i've looked in the SeaTunnel files and it seems there are only few things that would need to be altered: apart from the movement cost it's only graphics. i though to make the 'sea raods' a dashed half transparent blue line (like ship routs are usually marked on maps) with a small trieme in the middle... but ahm.. how do i modify the .nif files??

this shouldn't break any balance since this transport option is anyway available for units - it's just more nasty. enemy units cannot use these ferries if they don't have a special promotion, so it's quite realisitc. and since triemes are not allowed to pass oceans ferries cannot be builded on these tiles unitl later ages. well and if people play with the option that allowes that, one could increase the build time of a ferry to 4 turns so the trieme has a very good chance to sink before finishing its work.

and maybe for the future: since there are faster transport ships later on the should be different ferries like there are different road types. graphically they'd only differ in the miniature ship displayed in the middle perhaps.

I had a different problem than this but i just found a solution that could fix multiple things at same time. my original problem was that i have some cities on a larger isle and some on a continent and a trieme on the caost sea tile that lies between the land masses to bring caravans and whatsoever to the other shore. problem is that it's hell annoying to move your units manually to the ferry and unload them manually next turn and send your ships to sleep again and a raod like connection is available much later with joyoos SeaTunnel mod.

Solutiuon: rename SeaTunnel to Ferry, make them available with first transport ships (not with working boats maybe since they don't look like they could carry much; the trieme would build the ferry) and our both problem is solved. i've looked in the SeaTunnel files and it seems there are only few things that would need to be altered: apart from the movement cost it's only graphics. i though to make the 'sea raods' a dashed half transparent blue line (like ship routs are usually marked on maps) with a small trieme in the middle... but ahm.. how do i modify the .nif files??

this shouldn't break any balance since this transport option is anyway available for units - it's just more nasty. enemy units cannot use these ferries if they don't have a special promotion, so it's quite realisitc. and since triemes are not allowed to pass oceans ferries cannot be builded on these tiles unitl later ages. well and if people play with the option that allowes that, one could increase the build time of a ferry to 4 turns so the trieme has a very good chance to sink before finishing its work.

and maybe for the future: since there are faster transport ships later on the should be different ferries like there are different road types. graphically they'd only differ in the miniature ship displayed in the middle perhaps.

Excellent idea, I like this! I just hope the AI can handle it...

Maybe have it consume the ship.

yep, that was my idea. you usually don't need long ferry connections so the cost would not be too high. despite for unit transport you would need to station a galley there permanently anyway - so 'converting' a ship into a ferry just saves the upkeep.

the problem with that idea is still that i cannot modify the graphical files. it's more or less the only thing to do with Joyoos SeeTunnel mod already included in AND. so if there's someone able to do that...

Top Bottom