No tech screens in MP?

Elenhil

Warlord
I tried playing CivIV over the network and to my surprise there were no tech discovery screens. What have could caused it?

If you are in team only one team mate get the tech discovery screen. The other one have to chose from the top of the screen.

You don't get them if you have minimize popups on either(which is a smart thing in timed mp direct play).

well, you'd get them at the end of the turn, after all your units have moved.

To resurrect the old thread. I've started a test bitboss game on two of my computers. Neither of them gets to see tech screens. All I got is the "you've discovered X" message (with voiceover, haven't heard that one!). I made no teams (hard to do if you're there's only two human players and the rest are AIs) and the "minimize popups" option is not on. Any ideas?

I've never seen them in any MP mode and there doesn't appear to be any way to turn them on.

I always assumed they're disabled in MP because they can get in the way for some MP variants (gamespy or realtime play with a direct IP connection) and most MP players probably know what they do anyway from playing SP... :dunno:

Top Bottom