Nobility Managment Thread

Here is my suggestion for a family tree. This is quite crude and could ofcourse be improved. This is just an exampel...

Link to pic

Now it does

BTW: When commoners or lower gentry marries a noble, will they become nobles as well? Or will they continue to be commoners but theyr children will be nobles? How does this work?

the caste level is a family thing. so an example:
family a is common, consiting of person 1,2,3,4 and 5
family b is noble, consisting of person 10,11,12,13
if now person 5 marries person 13, then person 5 will be a noble (not: not the rest of the family, as 5 married into the family of 13).
the children of 5+13 will all be noble

note here:
maybe a good idea to reflect this would be if the "lower" casted character would "adopt" the name of the higher casted one, even if the higher casted one is the woman.

i think this way is wrong though...

we should propably change it:
my proposal: the caste is bound to the family name. on a marriage, the 2 can decide which name they will adpot. depending on which name they take, they will receive the appropriate caste setting for them and their family.
example:
as above, 5+13 marry.
if they both will carry the family name of 5's family, they will be common. if they adpot 13's name, they will be noble.

more specific example for my proposal:
at the moment, the lines of lifespanius and datrus are royal.
if the daughter of helena lifespanius wants to marry the commoner alfonso nobodicus, then they can choose between 3 methods:
1) alfonso may adopt the name of lifespanius, and with that he and his children would be royal.
2) bellona (helenas daughter) could though choose to be namen nobodicus and decline her royalty, on which bellona would become common and her husband and her children also.
3) bellona could also choose to adopt her husbands name and still keep her birthname as second name. this would mean she would be known as bellone lifespanius nobodicus... her children and her husband would then stay nobodicus and thus common, but she would be a royal.

I don't like the idea, Dis. If we applied that to the Diutius/Helena Marraige, we would both lose our Royalty titles to one of Nobilty. Even though some of the men of the Roman Empire would have done that (I'm guessing at this because you like to stick to historical fact...), real men wouldn't give up their name to lick the boots of Royalty. Besides, I think I've let you claim all there is to claim in our marraige already, you greedy little girl :) .

nah, cyc, diutius was given a royal title by atrous anyways ;-)
he IS the prince of gorina... independant of the marriage.
as such the house of lifespanius was "created" by the despot to administrate lifespanicia (i just invented that name :p).

as such we would both keep our royal title...
the despot always has this possibility

Ah, so right, Dis. Good point. I guess I would have to keep my name based on some macho, neandertal reasoning. :D

Padma, correct me if I'm wrong, but now that the Despot has passed on, wouldn't Helena and I move up to an Imperial family?

Cornelia and Julius Peesea have been born and may be added to the House of Peesea, and Agrippina died during childbirth.

OK, Padma. Let's take a stab at the new Family lines...

The Royal Lifespanius Line of Gorina -
King Diutius Lifespanius - Ruler of Gorina
Queen Caia Lifespanius Helena - wife
Prince Praeditus Lifespanius Maximus - son
Pricess Diutia Lifespanius Bellona - daughter

The Royal Lifespanius Line of Noshuret -
Lord Marcus Lifespanius - Senior Centurion
Lady Ribeena Lifespanius - wife of Marcus
Prince Schola Lifespanius - son
Prince Dexterius Lifespanius - son
Children are twins

The Royal Roberts Line of Noshuret -
Lord Walter Roberts - (Deceased)
Lady Mellita Robetrs - Head of Household
Prince Draculus Roberts - son

Briefus and Katra Lifespanius are deceased as well.

Originally posted by Cyc
Padma, correct me if I'm wrong, but now that the Despot has passed on, wouldn't Helena and I move up to an Imperial family?
They wouldn't become Imperials, because we don't have the tech for that yet (Feudalism).

As the first act as Despot, I Diutius will move all members of my family into the Royalty level. This will include siblings and their families. All Lifespans have been increased as well.

Originally posted by Cyc
As the first act as Despot, I Diutius will move all members of my family into the Royalty level. This will include siblings and their families. All Lifespans have been increased as well.

Would this include Rubeena's Son Dexterius Lifespanius :).

Thank you Padma.

@ Dis - I meant to say all those related to me no matter how distant. I wasn't speaking of those in my direct household. But thanks anyway. :)

Top Bottom