Nobles' Club LXXIV: Isabella of Spain

Replayed it again. Emperor/Normal 1828 conquest victory.

What a helluva game this one! seeing the stone in BFC I had to replay this with wonder/SSE economy.

Since I already played 1 attempt up to reaching conquistadors i thought it will be interesting to compare.
Interesting enough the first attempt was quicker to conqs by about 5 turns, but the AI's were much more evolved.
As it seems not bulbing for tech trading has some merit for slowing AI's, together with basically stealing all early game wonders from AI's.
One AI even gave me marble which was very nice.

some screens
Spoiler :

In other thread there was a discussion about number of troops built... well I built over 100 conqs and over 40 cavalries over the course of the game, but I stopped to mass troops eventually.

In other thread there was a discussion about number of troops built... well I built over 100 conqs and over 40 cavalries over the course of the game, but I stopped to mass troops eventually.

...and on Deity, you might actually have a use for even more :)
After taking out 1-2 AIs, there usually comes a point where i have to make the decision:

- keep mass whipping Curis/Cavs, and take on the tougher defenders (Grenadiers are often the first very hard ones, but something like prot. Muskets also isn't pretty)

-go into recovery mode, f.e. back into Rep. and OR, using my Vassals for teching help and the new cities to mess around a bit more ~~

Finally got around to play this.

Emp conquest 1715 AD

Spoiler :

Man, this game was a blowout. Nobody did anything really. I stole a worker from Churcill early and chocked him. Eventually made peace but by then he was dead last and would stay there. This meant that I totally blocked him of. I built every wonder you can I guess :) and still was ahead in pts. Went into buddism as all my neighbours except Mao had it.
Got SH, Oracle, Tgl, Col, GL, MOM, mids, Parth etc and still rexed to 12 cities peacefully. Could had taken lib 800 AD but waited as noone had even paper.
Tokk rifling 1200 AD and built cavs. At 1330 AD I dowed Pacal(too bad he didn't vassal as was friendly. Only reason was that he had been my tech trading buddy during the game. Only one even remotely advanced. He gave up pretty quickly. Even though he did bribe Churchill into the war I easily took my leftover force down south and capped him too. The Ai was so backwards I ju double dowed Mao and Shaka and just mauled them. China put up a little resistance but nothing noteworthy. Shaka had been at war with Sury most of the game so he had little chance to do anything. Being Shaka though I had to capture 6 cities before he capped. Now it was 1450 and since I wanted to get it over with I gifter Shaka all my militaly techs as he is to only useful fighter. Sury was quickly down and Asoka went down just as fast. It would had been over around 1500 AD if not for this mesoamerican civ. Since I didn't want diplo win.I went over with my cavs and just went from city to city(he had a lot of them)until finally in 1715 the last one fell. Could have got amuch earlier date if I had gone curs and just took the AP vote as soon as possible. Just not how I roll :)

fun map, i recommend you to have a go at it... meso-americans are kind of a downer tho. who would actually bother to go and invade them?!

Spoiler :
they actually conquered 3 of my city just 2 turns before my spaceship had won the game :D

i gotta say, im impressed by shakas ability to invade civs!!! :O he took on the tech leader pacal being vastly behind tech-wise and actually took several cities including his capital from him... that was just turns after i had donated him pretty much every tech that i owned because i wanted him to succeed. pacal was about to win the space, i believe.
the tech gifts had no influence on his initial push on pacal, tho, which had been going on for a while. he can sure put the pedal the metal when he is going after someone

space race victory 1972, immortal, normal speed

churchill and mao vassaled

Top Bottom