Nobles' Club LXXXVII: Hannibal of Carthage

^^
In regards to your spoiler no, an early close city that can share food is strong. Here though with the happy we have from CHA I'd save that corn for the capital whip cycle. You need to get your exploring in as well to make sure you don't lose a site to the AI obviously if you are going to settle close.

Spoiler :

With deity settling the northern blocking city is a no brainer first. My next city was the cow city which would have been a mistake since I never gave it the corn after whipping a monument and it still took way too long for the cows. However no other sites are that great either. Of course once you see the horses and get it to size 4 or 5 its a good hammer site.

I attached my save if you want to try my start on deity. If you want an easier deity then hit enter - space - space - enter to go ahead two turns and pop the gold in the capital. Otherwise move the injured warrior.

Deity 1 AD
Spoiler :

Heres me getting to 100 bpt. I popped gold early which helped just a smidge.

I think without the GLh I could get the same beakers - FIN coastline is nice and surely 2 extra early settlers would have been able to get me close to 10 more pop to cover the commerce difference.

Heres 1 AD. Got at 25% chance Great Scientist or you'd have to take 45 beakers off that 320.

Attachments

• NC 87 Hannibal BC-2760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    82.4 KB · Views: 55
mtr - no, I went to a 0% slider after CS (250 BC?) since there was nothing to rush to at that point and I hadn't decided what to tech next. I was actually also building libraries since I hadn't bothered building any yet.

I made a third city on the tundra-hill south-west of the city quicklly as well, sharing the wheat. (Untill the fish came online).
That helped me work up 3 non-riverside cottages, for the capital to use.

But possibly, I did not have enough food to whip as often as I should have done.

I settled that city last after getting all the settlers/workers out of the capital that I needed, but that city is fine, steal the capital food until you whip a monument and get yourself on the other food source.

Interesting read...
Spoiler :
And interesting game, because you have to work a lot on the city placement... I obviously want to block Lincon, but I don't know what I should do and where I should put my cities...I can feel the computer is also struggling to advice me well...

Interesting read...
Spoiler :
And interesting game, because you have to work a lot on the city placement... I obviously want to block Lincon, but I don't know what I should do and where I should put my cities...I can feel the computer is also struggling to advice me well...

Spoiler :
I did not block lincon, In fact I left most of the western peninsula to the AIs, I focused more on the island, since the trade routes were to much higher there. Good synnergy with Great Lighthouse.

And there is _alot_ of island to settle.. :)

@GGrachus. I never pop anything, I'd have restarted but I figured I should enjoy my luck.

@Krikav
Spoiler :

Don't forget that half the battle is the whipping of troops. Filling islands may be fun for beaker purposes, but mainland cities and starting to farm during the BCs is very important for getting the food up.

@grashopa: I was just saying it was an interesting coincidence

@popalopa:
Spoiler :
Settling the gold+rice will effectively block of lincoln. IIRC it's on a plains hill.

Top Bottom