Non-Critical Gameplay Problems

StrategyOnly, can you please put all the Great Doctor pictures into your folder. it will reduce the amount of failures I am getting and trying to fix.

BtW, I can get it working in the main Art folder but it wont work if put into an FPK file.

There is a broken option in the Diplomacy tab of the Options screen (Ctrl+Alt+O). It says
"Missing: MoreCiv4lerts_WarTrade". Is it supposed to be for AI willing to declare war?

Another weird thing in v18: The keyboard shortcuts for Worker actions have gotten mixed up.

The "I" shortcut for workers to build Farms is not working.

The assignment of "R" and "Shift-R" for workers to build various roads is confusing. Can they all be "R"?

I can't seem to build sea tunnels in my game, have they been removed? They are enabled in the BUG options.

Also, is trench infantry supposed to be as cheap as it is? It is way cheaper then riflemen.

I can't seem to build sea tunnels in my game, have they been removed? They are enabled in the BUG options.

Interesting because I can. As far as I know, I just enabled them via BUG options. I don't like the way your enemy can disembark all their troops mid ocean into the tunnel and invade you through the tunnel.

Interesting because I can. As far as I know, I just enabled them via BUG options. I don't like the way your enemy can disembark all their troops mid ocean into the tunnel and invade you through the tunnel.
Maybe that should be changed that you can only enter and leave the tunnel from a tunnel entry improvement and while you are in that mode you have a tunnel promotion which prevents you from attacking or seeing any units that are not on a tunnel entry improvement or have the tunnel promotion and vice versa you can't be attacked or seen either.

Fixed it. Turns out build tunnel gets hidden if "Hide Obsolete Worker Actions" are on.

When you say 'fixed it' do you mean you've worked around it or that you have fixed it so that it no longer occurs?

Blimp model is on water/ground level, instead of hanging in the air.

Same with the eagle and hawk. I haven't figured out how to fix it. Their stats are as land units, otherwise they aren't useful. I tried the "treat as air" in the art defines but it made no difference.

...And now for something completely random.

I was mousing over my stacks promotions and noticed them labled lead by warlord and having wooze steel... the units don't and its not an ability the unit has... turns out that the number that records how many in the stack have that promotion is displaying as a random special promotion if the number (not the promotion itself) is hovered over.

Just the display and random... V18 vanilla.

...And now for something completely random.

I was mousing over my stacks promotions and noticed them labled lead by warlord and having wooze steel... the units don't and its not an ability the unit has... turns out that the number that records how many in the stack have that promotion is displaying as a random special promotion if the number (not the promotion itself) is hovered over.

Just the display and random... V18 vanilla.

Can you screenshot to clarify please

Its simple... get a stack of units with the same promotions, lets say combat 1. A subbox on the promotion in the bottom right of the combat 1 promotion icon has a number stating X number of units in the stack have it. If you highlight the number on the promotion (and not the promotion itself) it suddenly diplays a completely different promotion... leader by warlord, wooze steel, poison arrows... even if you already have that promotion on the unit it can pop up again, as a promotion count display.

The unit doesn't actually get said promotion, the promotion count is just displaying a different (in the cases I saw) promotion and so far they'll all been the special ones like warlord promotion, event granted specials like poisoned arrows. I think what is happening is that no one ever bothered to assign anything unquie to the box so it just dispalys them at random.

It should be displaying that X units have this promotion or nothing at all.

I'm not going to screen shot as its a waste of effort to bother... At the most basic this can be replicated by making a new game choosing an aggressive leaders and start as minor Civs... the put your stone thrower and clubman on the same square and shift select them into a stack. They'll both have combat 1 so the stack display will show the combat one promotion with a '2' on it. Highlighting the 2 will show a different promotion than combat 1, but not grant it. Highlighting the section of the promotion that isn't cover by the number will show the actual promotion.

I'm not going to screen shot as its a waste of effort to bother...
I can assure you that as confusing as all that was, without a screenshot, it would most likely be a waste of effort to bother to fix for someone who finds it a waste of effort to bother to clarify the problem in a manner we can all understand.

I'm very, VERY sure that attempting that would end badly. It would require multiple screen shot fused together and then when that fails a movie with voice over.

I'll try in a step by step manner:

1) Units get promotions and these are shown in the bottom left of the screen when you select the unit.

2) If you select a stack of units all their cumulative promotions are shown in the same box.

3) If two (2) or more units have the exact same promotion it doesn't show a combat 1 metal for every unit with combat 1. Instead it adds a number to the promotion showing how many in the stack have that promotion.

4) if you actually mouse over the promotion with a number on it... the promotion metal has a pop up that displays what this promotion does on its own.

*5)* However if you mouse over the number block that is on the promotion metal it lists the effect of some other promotion.

As you don't get those effects on those units (unless they actually have that promotion) this is a noncrital fix. Its just that its confusing and misleading as is.

If for some reason this isn't clear go find a stack army in one of your games... find a promotion more than one unit in the fused stack (hold down shift and group them together by clicking on many units on the same square to accomplish this) has and move the mouse cursor around on the metal of that promotion. Make sure to go over the number and the part of the metal not covered by the number.

Top Bottom