Normal or Epic ?

There must be a lot of "next turn" drama at the start of Marathon games - how long does a scout take to build, 80 turns? Then that's 79 turns wondering if you should have chosen "monument" or "worker"! As it is my Standard pace games usually last the week, playing on and off, so Lord knows how long a Marathon game would last...would I ever finish?! :)

What do you means by twaeking by 25% to last longer ?

So instead of being 100 rounds it last 125 rounds ?

How do you edit xml file ?

I like the Epic game speed overall, but to make it last slightly longer, I change the research value from 150 to 180 in the game files. This has the effect that every Technology is (just over) 25% more expensive to research.

The benefit of this is that units don't obsolete quite as quickly, and the game lasts a bit longer overall. I think it takes too long to build buildings and train units etc in Marathon, so this is a nice compromise for me.

Marathon ftw.

There must be a lot of "next turn" drama at the start of Marathon games - how long does a scout take to build, 80 turns? Then that's 79 turns wondering if you should have chosen "monument" or "worker"! As it is my Standard pace games usually last the week, playing on and off, so Lord knows how long a Marathon game would last...would I ever finish?! :)

Scouts come in 13-15 turns in the very beginning.
In marathon it really matters what you build/train you can't just spam stuff you have to evaluate all factors.

Marathon ftw.

Scouts come in 13-15 turns in the very beginning.
In marathon it really matters what you build/train you can't just spam stuff you have to evaluate all factors.

That so? You can tell I don't play marathon then, I assumed it would be scaled same as game turns. Anyway I was being flippant - I will try it out sometime because I agree with posts about too-fast classical era, but the thought of a game stretching on for perhaps weeks has always put me off; and I did try Epic once and nothing much happened in the 2-3 hours I was playing (the world slowly turned but I didn't even meet anyone).

Top Bottom