Not exactly stable, is it!

HiRezAudio

Prince
Windows 10, all graphics up to date.
Managed to found a settlement but the moment the boat got back with new colonists, it locked up tighter than a duck's bum and had to be terminated.
Trying again but it looks as if I just wasted my £2.99 on the Civ IV bundle at Steam yesterday

Interesting suggestion.
I have the mod, but not sure
A - exactly where it goes, and
B - if the Steam version is the right one to be modded (how do I confirm it is indeed version 1.01f?)

With the first problem, I unzipped it and got 3 folders, 4 text files & 2 icon files, so do not know if it needs to be all in one folder or not, or what that folder should be called (the text file does not say)
I was initially assuming it would all get placed in the following folder:
Documents/My Games/Civilization IV Colonization/MODS
but I do not really know as the Mods folder has moved around over the various Civ incarnations.

You don't need to be PC with me either - dude is just fine. In fact, you can call me anything you like except 'Late For Lunch'

Interesting suggestion.
I have the mod, but not sure
A - exactly where it goes, and
B - if the Steam version is the right one to be modded (how do I confirm it is indeed version 1.01f?)

With the first problem, I unzipped it and got 3 folders, 4 text files & 2 icon files, so do not know if it needs to be all in one folder or not, or what that folder should be called (the text file does not say)
I was initially assuming it would all get placed in the following folder:
Documents/My Games/Civilization IV Colonization/MODS
but I do not really know as the Mods folder has moved around over the various Civ incarnations.

You don't need to be PC with me either - dude is just fine. In fact, you can call me anything you like except 'Late For Lunch'
I'm guessing you did what i did to begin with, even looks like you bought the bundle for a pittance too (steam key?) :D
Not played colonization yet, i can't get off civ 4 BtS and all the incredible mods have me hooked like a crack head (dune revival and Fall from heaven 2 are superb btw)
How i install mods for civ4 BtS is this way and i'm guessing it's same for colonization.
Just checked i've not even installed civ colonization yet...have now and it seems it's a little different than installing civ4 BtS mods, found a thread on steam discussions stating mods go here

(C) Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

It's not showing the mods folder on mine yet maybe because i haven't launched it yet for it to create the paths but it might be showing on your system, let me know if this works because i will be adding mods to it for sure seeing as the vanilla is lacking

Top Bottom