Not getting shields when cutting forests

Leo Niehorster

Chieftain
Civ III, 1.22, Conquests, Win 7 prof

My workers are busily cutting forest, but I am not being credited with the shields.
How do I correct this?

With Play the World (1.27f) this is not a problem, and I am credited with the 10 shields.
(On the same CD)

Thank you.

--
Leo

You can get the 10 shields only once per tile. If the tile has been deforested before, then no shields are credited. So this not a bug but rather the fixing of a bug.

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately, the lack of shields applied before reforestation is possible

--
Leo

Unfortunately, the lack of shields applied before reforestation is possible
What project were you expecting the shields to go into? Because you can only use chop-shields for ordinary buildings, or units.

They will not be applied to Great Wonders, Small Wonders(?), or Wealth, so if all the towns in the Forest-tile's 'Fat Cross' are building any of those, then any chop-shields will be wasted. Also, you cannot chop Forest-shields into an ordinary building, and then switch the project to a Wonder (i.e. the Wonder will not be available to build in any town that has received chop-shields into its current project; the same also applies to disband-shields, and cash-rushed shields).

This is also deliberately hardcoded, not a bug.

Thank you for your response.

Oops - I don't know why I thought the forest shields would go towards the nation's treasury.:blush:

Best regards
__
Leo

Top Bottom