Not so Great Engineer - Two Questions

Ambug666

Chieftain
I am working on a new unit, the Engineer, which you can use to rush buildings and wonders, like what a Great Engineer can do only less powerful. There are two issues.

1. After building it, you cannot click on the "Choose Production" or hammer in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can do it for other cities, just not the one in which you built the Engineer, and only just after building the Engineer. You have to go to the city view scene and select "Choose Production" to build the next thing. Any idea why this is and how it can be fixed?

2. I would like to be able to set it so that it can be built by cities but not bought with gold. Any idea how to do that?

I have included the modpack as an attachment if you want to try it out.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Engineers (v 1).civ5mod
    2.3 KB · Views: 31
I am working on a new unit, the Engineer, which you can use to rush buildings and wonders, like what a Great Engineer can do only less powerful. There are two issues.

1. After building it, you cannot click on the "Choose Production" or hammer in the bottom right corner of the screen. You can do it for other cities, just not the one in which you built the Engineer, and only just after building the Engineer. You have to go to the city view scene and select "Choose Production" to build the next thing. Any idea why this is and how it can be fixed?

2. I would like to be able to set it so that it can be built by cities but not bought with gold. Any idea how to do that?

I have included the modpack as an attachment if you want to try it out.

Thanks!

Try setting it's conscription cost to -1 or 0 or false or stuff like that?

Can you try setting it's HurryCostModifier to -1?

(that's literally in the source code)

Code:
int iModifier = pkUnitInfo->GetHurryCostModifier();

if(iModifier == -1)
		return -1;

Top Bottom