not sure how this works

TomYo689

Emperor
There's like 6 stickies and I was like tl;dr so can anyone like explain to me how to use this and find someone to start a play by email game with

Hey Tom,

Of the 7 stickies above, try starting with this one. It talks about the basics.

Newbee to PBEM - A Guide.
The title says it all. I'm not sure if there's any new games floating around, but keep your eyes open for anyone asking for players.

As a fairly new PBEM player around here I can give you one tip: Be patient :) I think it took many weeks before I finally got in a game but it will happen eventually if you just keep visiting this forum and look for games.

Because the playerbase is quite limited and some people like to play with players they are already familiar with, new open games don't start very often. But if you really have the will and patience, you will find them eventually.

-Glasnost

I found a game with 1 person but I'd like to join a bigger one too. Is there like a waiting list to join games or like a way to host one myself? I know there's the thread that looks for replacement people

When you host a pbem game does everyone have to have all relevent files other than the .sav? Like if you're doing a scenario does everyone have to have the .biq and if you're doing a mod does everyone have to start with the art and text?

I only asking because if you're passing around a .sav file then maybe all the info is in the sav and then maybe not everyone needs the rest?

Cause I know that if you send someone a sav file from a random map game they don't need to know your random seed or anything. It seems like a pretty inclusive file

What Elephantium said, and just to bump the thread...

Art, Text, Sounds, Movies and other files need to be in the proper folder depending on the scenario and the .biq search folders, you can easily open the .biq beeing used for a save and check under scenario properties if it needs to search for files in a particular folder(s), most scenarios do.

Top Bottom