NOTW LVI: The Demon Council [Game Thread]

Well, I was right about lylo anyway. :)

Was fun. I didn't put nearly enough effort into it; a combination of work ramping up, trying to not act too differently from Red Dwarf so I wouldn't get lynched over there, and Undertale coming out and filling my time with awesome meant I was pretty much just a body.

I thought that the ‘I was playing video games’ excuse was no longer valid?

Btw, join this here game and say that El Barto sent ye!

*makes the sign of the P* May the wrath of our farinaceous overlord bake you for all eternity.

What with BSmith and Kennigit dying before I ever scanned them and my own non-town status, my race scanner was essentially an innocence-scanner, not that I realised that of course.

That said, I was highly suspicious of you, Sprig, so I passed up on Snerk having you protect me the very night I died, which was totally in keeping with the result of my actions all game. :rolleyes:

Oh dear. As i pm'd Snerk, i got his pm too late otherwise I would have!

Now, Suneruku-chan, you know I love you in a non-homoerotic way, but can't you see how bad a play it is to lynch a claimed and proven scanner in order to test your tiebreaking ability is decidedly not good play?

:faint:
Proven only by Blade whom I also suspected at the time. And I love you too, though quite homoerotically. :groucho:
Snerk & Bladescape - how much doubt did you have about my role?
Not that much but some. As this pm to Blade yesterday displays:
Snerk said:
Devil's advocate on Sprig:

Claimed doc to me. (easy scum claim with watcher/tracker dead)

Protects me. (even though he knew I didn't have an active night ability)

Arakhor was very suspicious of him, so I doubt he's Coup.

Possible blood-mage, or?

I actually had you down as 95% town. There was a possibility you were Coup, but I found that unlikely with how Arakhor advocated your death.

I admit, I did have doubts about Snerk.

Snerk, your paranoia about my intrigue skills is quite touching, but given how I'm almost compulsively honest (even as scum, I was mostly telling the truth all the time) and how incompetent I was this game, you needn't have bothered. :)

Given that you namechecked both me and Snerk, that's to whom I thought you were talking. :p

Yeah the problem about your scum faction is that it wasn't very scummy. You had a fairly pro-town objective with town-like means. So it was tricky to counter a strength based victory coming out of the blue when everything else was going according to plans for the town.

edit: x-post, this was to arkahor

As I said, if Al had knocked off Winston rather than me, town would likely have won easily (though not with so many people left alive). After all, I'd been the one dutifully hunting for blood mages (as well as scanning lynchbait like Jarrema and Robbie), whereas Winston had actually been winning the game for us, accidentally assisted by BSmith, when he healed Bladescape. :)

@Arakhor: telling the truth is cheating.
Proven only by Blade whom I also suspected at the time.
:wallbash: And Visorslash trusted in us…
Snerk said:
And I love you too, though quite homoerotically. :groucho:
Wth you're not supposed to roleplay as the Cat, that's Zack!

Is there a log of night actions?

The balance I think actually turns out pretty good. I don't know about the item thief/robbiecon role so much. Lots of townies had no items--it doesn't really work as a quasi "scum don't have items" [only 1 did] ability and thus just kinda disrupts the town. Sorta. It is quasi-ability scanner by getting items though. That's my main "eh that is iffy to me"

Takhisis's role also is somewhat quasi-ability quasi-town-confirmation scan [I don't believe it would determine guilt, but does see the "town enemies" line].

But the STR balance is pretty good. And it is good that each scum had to have the other scum dead to win.

Although it wouldn't make the town too happy (constantly losing strength) the spaceman strength drain is good to fit in the trio--it can counter the demon coup pretty strongly if it hits the demons. It's good that the blood mages had something against the demons and the demon coup had something against the blood mages (arakhor, and also the ritual killing humans)

though why is bsmith a human/demon hybrid? Would he not count as a human in the demon coup ritual?

I'm also glad that reading the sign up thread payed off for once [about relating to another game]. The concept of the body control or whatnot was present with how the blood mages worked. Normally I just blatantly ignore stuff when people talk about previous games.

though why is bsmith a human/demon hybrid? Would he not count as a human in the demon coup ritual?
I think I said this in a few places here and there, but he would scan as demon but the ritual recognized him as human.

Top Bottom