New version in first post.

Changelog:

v9_1
-better road creation
-fixed bug with coldwar/desertstorm map wrapping

Team roads are created only on this landmass types:
-inland sea small/med/huge
-volcano

Which map options do you use in your games?

I use all normal setting, I think it is what is use now in most leagues games :

-Medium inland sea
-Prosperity lux
-Balance start ressources -> is it possible to include different values for number of ressources ?

-rare uranium
-No eldorado
-No barbs
-No CS
-Start together in team

I wont use the road between team mate because I dont see why it would be free. And you can use it to conect your own cities.

I wont use the road between team mate because I dont see why it would be free. And you can use it to conect your own cities.

Hex with "free" road inside your culture costs 1 gold per turn.

is it possible to include different values for number of ressources ?

i don't have time to change it now and I don't think that it is necessary.

Some players have been having trouble loading the game up for some reason. They are downloading the file to the right location but for some reason it just doesn't load. It disconnects them from the game turn 0.

-AwesoMe

Some players have been having trouble loading the game up for some reason. They are downloading the file to the right location but for some reason it just doesn't load. It disconnects them from the game turn 0.

-AwesoMe

Troubleshooting
1)
Q: I have this map in my folder but I can't start a game with my friends?
A: All players have to use the same version of the map script.
A: All players have to save map script into good folder C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Maps\
A: Restart your civ5.
A: Delete script from "My Documents\...\maps" folder
A: Use only the newest version: NOVAL_WAR_ROUTE_v9_1en

2)
Q: After 1 turn I see my CIV Screen? WTF?
A: It is ok. Map will be synchronized with host. Just wait. It is done only ones, after 1 turn.

3)
Q: I can't load save.
A:Don't delete old version of the script. To load save you must to have a script in your maps folder that was use to build map.
A: Try to load older save.

4)
Q: I saved this script in maps folder but i don't see it in game list?
A: Restart civ5.
A: Unpack *.rar file and save there a *.lua file.

5)
Q: I still have problems. What to do?
A: Write post with problem description/screenshot and info about version of the map.

6)
Q: I dont know how to install it. This map sucks!
A: Wait for mods support in MP.

-AwesoMe

I have just tested with my friend the newest version: v9_1en and it works without problem. There is always resynchronization after 1 turn but it is normal. Just wait for next turn and don't disconnect.

Link to v9_1en:
http://forum.civilization.org.pl/download.php?id=1311

I don't plan to make next version so just use this one.

Thanks a lot Nefliqus !
Now Awesome can't blame the map when he lost :lol:. f.e. "Yes we got El dorado BUT you were too far away that's why we lost" :)

Its true even if you get el dorado and iron rush is not the best strat all the time!! Great map haven't complained since playing it.

-AwesoMe

Thanks for this. One question: Does the script work with a Mac? I presume the location is different?

bumping this:

l like this map script (espacially cold war setting) a lot.

What d be nice d be even more possibilities to adjust.
for example 1 slider for lux and one for strat res. (suckz to have no coal or alu just cause poverty is set)

Also maybe something to set number of natural wonders? Sometimes 0 sometimes 2 (which barrier reef makes to 3)

got some more ideas like option to have game riverheavy or ...

maybe some1 else as Nefliqus?

Guys it is amazing that you are still playing on this script and that it is working on BNW extension! :goodjob: I have seen the Valentines Tournament on youtube channel that was played on this map. It is super cool. I thought that nobody is using it any more :) I have decided to prepare some update of NAVAL mirror script. The updated version will be uploaded to the polish civilization forum. You have the link below. Please post there your ideas for updates and map improvements. See you and have a nice game ;)

Original thread in polish:
http://forum.civilization.org.pl/viewtopic.php?t=15588

Top Bottom