Number of Colonization players

I'm still not good at this game though.
It's not really your fault. DoaNE is not really intuitive and for beginner it's really hard to play well. That's why, we only focus the next version of DoaNE on explanations.
We add alot of informations and we simplyfied some features.

I play Medieval Col, I love the research tree among other features.

And from time to time I interchange it with DoaNE because of the ammo and sailor features and RAR because of its richness and the friendly trade route manager (from TAC, I think).

I don’t play vanilla.

I pull out the disc from time to time. Count me in as a vanilla fanatic.

I still play.

I play both vanilla and Dawn of a New Era.

Interesting. How do you find playing vanilla? I have been unable to do so ever since TAC came out, as I find it far superior.

I just played a hot-seat two player game with my brother yesterday. Vanilla version though. I play this game from time to time; it's always fun to go back to. I'm about to try out this 'Dawn Of A New Era' modification. Hopefully it won't disappoint me.

I just played a hot-seat two player game with my brother yesterday. Vanilla version though. I play this game from time to time; it's always fun to go back to. I'm about to try out this 'Dawn Of A New Era' modification. Hopefully it won't disappoint me.
Hi Solitude102, I am glad to read this.
I think you should not be disappointed, but if it is the first time you play at DoaNE you will have some surprises. A lot of concepts have been changed.
Some advises, don't choose a too high level of handicap even if you play very well the Vanilla version.
The automatic trade system of DoaNE is almost identical than Vanilla version. May be it will be a point of disappointment for you. (But we will change this feature on the next version of DoaNE)
Please, give me your feed back after your game. I am really interested. ;)

I always have one game in progress, either BTS, SMAX or TAC...mostly BTS but TAC probably one game in about ten.

count me in. I installed it last weekend just from nostalgia, but I installed TAC too. NOW I am doomed. Summary: more 60 hours already played and will stick with it.
Nation to test, RaR and WW lurking behind, laptop ready for intallation.

Just finished another game of colonization with the RAR mod. I have an outdated version though. I'm going to download 1.9 now and play again.

I have joined the club with a game of brown wrapper 1.01. I never played the original game.

For some reason it reminds me of a game called Imperialism 2 from years back.

I will play more and perhaps try one of the community mods. The parts of the game that are good are very good but its so clear that much more could have been done.

The AI is alarmingly bad, though I will not win this first game after being waylaid by a Cherokee uprising I did not see coming. I was watching my European competitors who, it seems, can be mastered by a single privateer.

I do hope the higher difficulty levels prove much more difficult.

Yes, still giving Vanilla a try from time to time. I never won this silly piece of a game, but intend to do so at least once in my lifetime... ;)

Btw.: Inspired by this thread I actually gave it another try yesterday - and won my very first ever Vanilla Civ IV Colonization game! :band:
I have to admit it was a rather minimalistic approach - but 15 cannons on a wooded hill plus fierce crowd controll (to keep liberty bell production to an absolute minimum) finally did it. ;)

Been back in this game for around 10 days now (vanilla). Finished three games, lost them all. It seems harder (on revolutionary) than before. I need more practice again.
:cry:

I like Colonization for the transport strategy. I'd like to play TAC but I use an iMac and I'm not going to get Windows. Maybe one day I'll inherit an old PC and with luck TAC will still be going.

I still play. Just finished a vanilla game. I've never looked into the mods but I'll have to check em out. What is the "transport strategy"?

Top Bottom