Number of natural wonders per map size

kb27787

Deity
Anyone know how many of these spawn in each game map? I presume larger maps should have more, correct?

Some mods adjust the default - terra mirabilis (sp?) increases it to something like three per continent, which, well, makes the maps more beautiful and interesting, IMO.

Some mods adjust the default - terra mirabilis (sp?) increases it to something like three per continent, which, well, makes the maps more beautiful and interesting, IMO.
Yes, Terra Mirabilis ups them to 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 14; although, you can set whatever amount you want in the User Settings file. The number of NWs per continent can't be set, but you can fiddle with their placement distance from each other.

How in the name of Gilgamesh can the AI civ’s avoid settling near that many?

They don't. When I started using the Mod, every game had one or more NWs either right next to a City State or next to some Civ's Starting Position. I ended up 'modifying the mod' to about 2/3: 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, which suits me much better.

How in the name of Gilgamesh can the AI civ’s avoid settling near that many?
They won't because the game default distances for major and minor Civs are both set at 3 tiles. This can be changed in the User Settings, but like in unmodded games, if you have too many Civs, CSs, and/or NWs for a given map size, you're going to get bunching/crowding.

Personally, I have mine set at 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, & 21 and it's perfect for me. I've also shifted all my map sizes one up (i.e. Small size has the dimensions of Standard, Standard of Large, etc.).

Top Bottom