NWOs Fugly Ladder Games, Public, MP GMR, Noobs welcome

New Weird Order

Schlitzie
Hello all,

I am new to MP and GMR both, but hope to contribute to both communities in some small way. I have set up a few public games at GMR, all with themes, because I happen to like themes. I love this game and I do not cheat or quit. Look over my games please, suggestions welcome! Noobs, nobody giving you a chance? Come join! I will take a chance on you. A veteran or two would be really nice, even if it means my getting stomped.

Keep a close eye on game settings. Settings will usually be somewhat atypical and will be limited to 3-7 players in most cases.

As a courtesy, I will always go last in my games. Also, as a courtesy, I will allow any player to forfeit without penalty on turn 1 (bad location or ANY REASON). Hope to see you there!

All games are through GMR and are turn-based, hotseat, PBEM league games.

Brian

That's pretty awesome NWO, I commend your ability and efforts in being involved and moving games forward! :)

Oh and I regret to inform you that GMR currently doesn't support setting up a game such that the host will go last. We've built it to always assume and enforce the host going first.

I was only going to go last to be nice. Maybe there is an advantage, I had assumed a disadvantage. My bad. Thank you.

Oh no it's our bad. There's no technical or equality issue with letting the host not be first, we just haven't implemented it on GMR yet :)

People make a big deal out of turn order, when I don't think it actually confers any advantage at all. If someone wants to go first, they can host a game.

Going 1st has one advanatge: Exploration. You have a *slight* chance of finding things before other players.

Nothing major tough.

Going 1st has one advanatge: Exploration. You have a *slight* chance of finding things before other players.

Nothing major tough.

Yeah, that seems to make sense, but I don't think it does. Ruins are spread around the map and aren't equidistant from start locations. And you could also move the wrong way, leaving a ruin close to your cap for another civ to grab.

People usually cite going first in combat order as an advantage, but apart from that first move (where there's no combat anyway), initiative will be situational, and any player in the turn order might move first in a given situation. And, the second player to move in a fight make take some advantages from that as well, like taking out wounded attackers.

Edit: Thought of one situation where going first could really matter in a big way: settling new cities first!

Top Bottom