NZ/AUS Epic Large 10, GMR

Heinage

Khan
Heads up, this is new for me (multiplayer GMR. I usually do single player).

Am keen to setup a GMR game that can be played over a long period of time, but for NZ/AUS players so that we can sometimes be online at the same time to bang out a number of turns in quick succession.

As the title states:
Speed: Epic
Map Size: Large
Map Type: Standard Continents
Players: 10 players, no AI
Turns: GMR (Giant Multiplayer Robot), 1 day turns (GMT +12), with a view to setting up regular sessions where we can all get together at the same time.

Interested? Click here for Game Details

Want to know more about GMR? Click here

Opening and closing Civ repeatedly to take turns seems like insanity inducing gameplay for "regular sessions".

Opening and closing Civ repeatedly to take turns seems like insanity inducing gameplay for "regular sessions".

You may be right. I have absolutely no experience with this type of multiplayer, so am not sure what it will be like and if regular sessions are even possible/worth it.

If anyone can give expert advice on this, I'm all ears.

You may be right. I have absolutely no experience with this type of multiplayer, so am not sure what it will be like and if regular sessions are even possible/worth it.

If anyone can give expert advice on this, I'm all ears.

The trouble is that you can't convert the hotseat games played in GMR into a normal multiplayer save file - so a regular session with everybody online of a GMR game would consist of everybody opening and closing their games through the gmr client in succession to take their turn. Even if everybody managed to get in, load, take their turn, get out and submit in 2 mins you're still only looking at one turn every 20 minutes.

Better idea I think it to run your GMR game as GMR and come play live sessions with us at the link EEE provided. The sessions are timed to NZ/AUS time as he said. (I'm actually Canadian; i'm just that dedicated yo :cool:)

Thanks guys, will check that link out now. That may be just what I am looking for :) I'll actually close that GMR game I was trying to set up and look to join an already existing GMR game.
Thanks for the help.

There is a GMR game that has one player quit, I think it's called simple game invite, the GMR admin can replace you to the AI, which is China

No you mixed two games. Small game invite is the one where Sweden and Denmark actually agree on something. Simple game is the one with china leaving. :)

Top Bottom