OCCC -- One City Continental Conundrum

Veritass

Emperor
So I started a One-City Challenge as Hatsheput on a tiny map so I would have a chance (my last one was on too large a map and I got crushed). I used a "shuffle" map and ended up on one with continents.

I expanded fine and I am up to riflemen. I whacked Mansa back, and I whacked Cyrus back when they got too big. Also on my continent is Ragnar with 4-5 cities, and I could whack him back if I need to. The problem is that I have Brennus is bigger than me and has more score (3100 to 2500) and he is on another continent.

The problem is that I have no coast for my One City, Thebes. Is this a fatal flaw? I cannot get to Brennus, and I won't be able to win a space race. Should I bother to finish this one up, or chalk it up as a mistake?

Ouch! Do you have Open Borders with any neighbors who do have coastal cities?
The fact that you whacked two of your neighbors suggests that they aren't favorable to you at present.

Think of it as a chance to hone your diplomacy skills.

Do you have Open Borders with any neighbors who do have coastal cities?
I don't think he'd be able to construct any ships.

You could eliminate all your rivals and still win! A tall order, I know. Other than that, you're in a tough spot for a victory. You could plan on nuking him later maybe? Do you have vassals on, maybe you could capitulate your neighbors and gain some points that way?

Thanks! That's a great idea. I had forgotten about the nukes.

I can take over the two opponents left on this continent, and then beeline to nuke Brennus on the other continent.

I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom