Ocean tiles indexing

RickFGS

Deity
Been trying my luck with new ocean/sea tiles, but my limited/noobish skills are preventing me from suceeding, it´s probably an index problem, its on 256 optimal palette, i wonder why it doesn´t work though...all the pink apears in game.

Attachments

• wOOO.pcx
    320.8 KB · Views: 51
The ocean looks great, and I like the sea in post 13 a lot, too. The coast, for some reason, it seems to me like the upper-left corner is higher up elevation-wise than the lower-right. I don't see the same effect in the sea/ocean tiles (or the coast in post 11). Maybe it's an optical illusion, or the relative positions of the ship and sea monster. Or maybe it's because it's way too late at night. I'm not sure. Thought I'd mention it though, in case others are also seeing it and debating if it's just them or not.

@Quintullus - Well observed, yes, there is a deviation, the coast is in -45º, while the sea/ocean seems to be on -41º or -42º, although i used the same 45º, i guess it´s because i used a diferent type of water, i´ll have to correct it, back to the salt mines for me, ty for notice.

@Yoda Power - I´m glad! I think it´s coming along nicely :)

It's exciting to see someone taking a new approach to the terrain graphics. Keep up the good work.

The wave angle for the coast is noticeably different from the others. That may make your work harder when it comes to the cso pcx. Rotating —23° gives this result:
Spoiler :
That & a few wave highlights should get you something very compatible with the other two, imho.

Looking forward to seeing your work in action. :coffee:

Ty for fixing the angle Blue Monkey! I´m deciding where to go on coastal, so i can start the blending for CSO file soon, i have 2 options, go with the coastal i have (which i really like, because of the smoth and calm water to reflect continental shelf and river waters, need some minor tweekings here and there) or a second version, similar to ocean and sea ones (but that will not look so great when used in a river), view bellow:

A)(Angle fixed)

B)(More blendable with others but too much waves for coastal IMHO)

Spoiler :

Huummm...decisions decisons :D

Top Bottom