Odd Issue With Textures and Tiles

Essentiality

Chieftain
This happened recently and I'm not sure if it is due to a patch or what. Running just the vanilla game (no expack yet until I fix this), I'm getting this strange issue where I can't see any actual objects on the screen, like tile details (trees, etc) and units. I can barely see the top of my starting city. Anytime I try to move a unit, the hex grid lines are offset, which you can see by looking at where the tile yields show up.

The first screenshot is before I put my first city down. The second is after.

Any ideas? I've verified the local files on Steam, reinstalled the game, messed with video settings, etc. It has worked perfectly fine since launch until the last week or two.

Attachments

• CivBEScreen0000.jpg
    CivBEScreen0000.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 344
  • CivBEScreen0001.jpg
    CivBEScreen0001.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 353
I just installed the Rising Tide upgrade and tried playing a basic game with no mod's. The textures and tiles are all wrong, everything shows up like the pictures posted in the original post. Even water tiles look like land tiles.

You just have to restart the game, and if it doesn't let you restart your computer. Happens to me too, and once it happens it happens repeatedly, but once I restart its fine.

I get a similar error with loading mods even without using any. the ocean looks all like land and the cursor button goes up when clicked. normal games work ok

I get a similar error with loading mods even without using any. the ocean looks all like land and the cursor button goes up when clicked. normal games work ok
solved my issue when using mods, I went to the advanced setup and found 12 sponsors deleted down to 8 every time no more problem

Top Bottom