Office of Exploration

I'd prefer...

W1>N
W2>NW
W3>SE>SE>S...should have moved SE last move...no reason to go up the coast with W1 out in front there.

W3>SE>SE>S...should have moved SE last move...no reason to go up the coast with W1 out in front there.

we reveal 2 more coastal tiles. which if hold a resource give warrant o city using the rice and seafood.

he has alot of time to get to where he needs...there is no rush.

we have some ugly land - desert and hills to the NE, hills and peaks to the NW, wide layers of jungle to the south.

I wonder if the world is set up to have these swaths of crap land between the civs.

we reveal 2 more coastal tiles. which if hold a resource give warrant o city using the rice and seafood.

he has alot of time to get to where he needs...there is no rush.

Won't those tiles be revealed by W1?

It would seem to me that W1 could go NW now and be on the coast....then up the coast NE until he swings S again.

The only tile left unrevealed is not workable anyway.

that is a possibility.

so you would have warrior #3 go to city site #3 ASAP and fortify there for 9 turns?

No, I would have him reveal the 2 fogged tiles...then probably head out SE looking for trouble before being heading back in time to fogbust for the settler.

EDIT: Or he could just keep moving...depends of course on how many more units we will build.

Azzaman, current build order as discussed is worker(the one being built now)>worker>settler.

I think that W3 has to move NE>NE, allowing W1 to go NE next turn and wander off. As nice as it would be to uncover those two FoW tiles next to the proposed city 3 spot so we could decide the city site way ahead of time and thus run more accurate sims...we need to know if we have a good fourth city site with food that doesn't require IW to improve.

I don't understand why W1 can't go NW>NE>NE>SE>SE>SE>SE etc...wandering off.

It is standing right next to the tile it needs to move to, to reveal ALL workable coastal tiles.

This totally frees W3 for any actions going SE now.

The reasoning you've given is backwards; W3 only has 2 useful directions, either south east to uncover the 2 tiles of FoW and then being forted for c. 9 turns, or moving north east to uncover two tiles of FoW over the seaand then moving down south to uncover those two tiles of FoW before the settler is built; The latter option makes more sense (in some peoples opinions) so W1 is moved in a manner that accelerates scouting of new land that W3 can;t uncover.

Azzaman, current build order as discussed is worker(the one being built now)>worker>settler.

I think that W3 has to move NE>NE, allowing W1 to go NE next turn and wander off. As nice as it would be to uncover those two FoW tiles next to the proposed city 3 spot so we could decide the city site way ahead of time and thus run more accurate sims...we need to know if we have a good fourth city site with food that doesn't require IW to improve.

As long as we can get out a warrior or axeman fast enough to keep IS safe in case of emergency, I agree with moving W3 to the NE. But if the extra 3 or so turns from having W3 fogbusting is needed for barb warning, then send him fogbusting.

W1: If healing occurs before barb movement, then move E and heal if a barb turns up, otherwise heal
W2: Move NE/N then reconsider
W3: NE

Turn 37
Barentz 1E (There's a hole in the mountain chain)
Houtman 1N

W1: E
W2: N
W3: S, go uncoer those two tiles of FoW so we can finally decide where to build the 3rd city.

What Krill said.:agree:

Warrior coming out of CK (Wild Amber), I think can go S.

I'd rather just play it safe and keep W4 at home personally; look how close we are to a woodsman2 warrior, if another team has one we could lose CK without ever being able to do something about it. We don;t have that problem in the capital due to the culture and being capable of 8 hammers per turns

Top Bottom