OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Provincial Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This time around let's have fancier names for our provinces, like the Commonwealth of Zarnia, or the Unified Province of Hai Rando.

Time's ticking, and even though this one doesn't directly affect the term 1 elections we still need to have it wrapped up on time. Let's try to answer these questions, or have the options figured out so they can be polled.

1. Who is responsible for organizing decisions on provinical borders?
  2. Does the process of creating borders need to be codified? If yes, what and where?
  3. Do we want to have any preconceived notions of how to do borders embedded in the rules, or leave it open to allow for changing conditions?
  4. How are governors of newly created provinces (mid-term) selected?
  5. any other issues?

My opinions are, (1) the Domestic Leader or equivalent, (2) no, (3) no, (4) by presidential appointment (see other threads for process), (5) can't think of any.

DS,

Your item 3 is not a yes/no choice, it's an either/or.

My opinions are:
  1. Domestic Leader/Interior Minister/Internal Affairs Commissar.
  2. No. Hopefully there won't be any border disputes between governors.
  3. Again, I'm hopeful that people will not play silly power games, so leave it open.
  4. Selected by El Presidente.
  5. None that I can think of.

DaveShack said:
Time's ticking, and even though this one doesn't directly affect the term 1 elections we still need to have it wrapped up on time. Let's try to answer these questions, or have the options figured out so they can be polled.

2. Does the process of creating borders need to be codified? If yes, what and where?
  3. Do we want to have any preconceived notions of how to do borders embedded in the rules, or leave it open to allow for changing conditions?
  5. any other issues?

My opinions are, (1) the Domestic Leader or equivalent, (2) no, (3) no, (4) by presidential appointment (see other threads for process), (5) can't think of any.

1. Domestic Leader
2. No
3. Leave it open for changing conditions
4. President
5. Borders should be a group a cities culture borders.

-TP

DaveShack said:
  5. any other issues?
1. Domestic-type office
2. Nope - just say it needs to be done in a timely manner, spell out who organizes it and require proposals to be presented to the people for approval
3. Nope.
4. Appointed
5. Nope.

-- Ravensfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom