Oh No! The Bear Dumped On The Rug Again! (Wild Animals)

Animals? The real rulers of nature?

• Great idea!

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Reasonable.

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • A bunch of #%$" !

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Don't give a Mongol horde.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Undertaker798

I studied on killin' you!
Is the concept of the animal kindom a major part of civ, or just a sideline threat to the weaker units such as the settler.

Small Civ Scenario.
Male lion: (Puts his smoking jacket on.) Eh love whats for tea?
Female lion: Settler dear, with a side of worker.
Male lion: I would like mine rare!

Edit: Added pic.

Attachments

• Lionsandwqar.jpg
    Lionsandwqar.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 219
It's not really kingdom, more like the barbarians early in Civ3 games. They're just there to kill unwary settlers and to give you easy experience. It's not really any different than the barbarians of Civ3.

Where as barbs might be able to take ove cities, can animals do the same? I seriously doubt it, but it would make an awesome mod!

When Mother nature gets fed up with all the factories and mines, she starts to take over the world! Much like in SMAC as mind-worms wreaked vengeful havoc amongst the alien colonists.

An animal city could produce animal units, and perhaps some buildings like aquaducts and walls (built by badgers), and animal units would destroy the tile improvements like windmills. It would benefit from forests, produce Great Animals (like Simba the lion king) etc. Eventually with enough tech and culture advance the animals (lead by the apes) would produce highly evolved killer squid, which would attack oil rigs and be able to cross land!

And dinosaurs, lets not forget dinosaurs!

aahz_capone said:
Where as barbs might be able to take ove cities, can animals do the same? I seriously doubt it, but it would make an awesome mod!

Totally! How about taking it a step further and making a whole set of animal civs? That would be hilarious!

On another note, with some serious modding you could actually make a game where you play as an animal in the wild and have to survive and build up your pride or whatever. I call it the "Welcome to the Jungle" scenario. That would be pretty interesting.

Top Bottom