Old mod no longer works?

DWrightMets07

Chieftain
I created a mod early on that gave America some of the unique traits of other civilizations. It has worked for the past few years and through all expansions no problem, until now. I have a similar mod for some other civilizations but they work. Was there a change made to America that would wreck my mod? Any insight?

I created a mod early on that gave America some of the unique traits of other civilizations. It has worked for the past few years and through all expansions no problem, until now. I have a similar mod for some other civilizations but they work. Was there a change made to America that would wreck my mod? Any insight?

Would you be willing to share your mod? This'll allow us to run it in our own environments and also debug it for you.

Based on your description, it sounds like a straightforward concept and should be relatively light on volume of code - I can't think of any reason, immediately, why it would have stopped working with the recent patch.

Would you be willing to share your mod? This'll allow us to run it in our own environments and also debug it for you.

Based on your description, it sounds like a straightforward concept and should be relatively light on volume of code - I can't think of any reason, immediately, why it would have stopped working with the recent patch.
That would be great. Attached here. Thank you!

Attachments

• GreatAmerica.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 32
TRAIT_LEADER_ROOSEVELT_COROLLARY only applies to the Rough Rider version of Roosevelt now.

From Table LeaderTraits
Code:
LeaderType	TraitType
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER	TRAIT_LEADER_UNIT_AMERICAN_ROUGH_RIDER
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER	TRAIT_LEADER_ROOSEVELT_COROLLARY
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER	TRAIT_LEADER_NONRELIGIOUS_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER	TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_RELIGIOUS_PREFERENCE
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER	TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_CITY_STATE_PREFERENCE_WAR
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER	TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT	TRAIT_LEADER_PURSUE_DIPLOMATIC_VICTORY
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT	TRAIT_LEADER_NONRELIGIOUS_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT	TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_RELIGIOUS_PREFERENCE
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT	TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_CITY_STATE_PREFERENCE_WAR
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT	TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT	TRAIT_LEADER_ANTIQUES_AND_PARKS
TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_FOUNDING_FATHERS still applies to America regardless.

So far as I can see the ModifierIds are all still valid.

But without the modinfo file of the mod to check the method the file is being implemented into the database we cannot really figure out anything more.

You need to zip and attach the entire mod subfolder from the game's Mods folder at
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

TRAIT_LEADER_ROOSEVELT_COROLLARY only applies to the Rough Rider version of Roosevelt now.

From Table LeaderTraits
Code:
LeaderType    TraitType
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER    TRAIT_LEADER_UNIT_AMERICAN_ROUGH_RIDER
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER    TRAIT_LEADER_ROOSEVELT_COROLLARY
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER    TRAIT_LEADER_NONRELIGIOUS_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER    TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_RELIGIOUS_PREFERENCE
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER    TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_CITY_STATE_PREFERENCE_WAR
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER    TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT    TRAIT_LEADER_PURSUE_DIPLOMATIC_VICTORY
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT    TRAIT_LEADER_NONRELIGIOUS_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT    TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_RELIGIOUS_PREFERENCE
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT    TRAIT_LEADER_LOW_CITY_STATE_PREFERENCE_WAR
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT    TRAIT_LEADER_CULTURAL_MAJOR_CIV
LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT    TRAIT_LEADER_ANTIQUES_AND_PARKS
TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_FOUNDING_FATHERS still applies to America regardless.

So far as I can see the ModifierIds are all still valid.

But without the modinfo file of the mod to check the method the file is being implemented into the database we cannot really figure out anything more.

You need to zip and attach the entire mod subfolder from the game's Mods folder at

Sorry for the delay- I actually went back to V for a bit. Full mod attached. Thanks again for the assistance here.

Attachments

• Great America.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 27
The code is being properly loaded etc., in the modinfo file, so there's no mistakes there, altho in the FrontEnd actions the code within the UpdateText.sql has some small issues. These will not affect in-game gameplay one way or the other.

Teddy Roosevelt is now (after the release of the persona pack) split into two distinct leaders when the persona pack is active: LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT and LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER. Only LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER has the TRAIT_LEADER_ROOSEVELT_COROLLARY anymore. So since a large chunk or your code is attaching modifiers to this trait, the code does not work for LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT if you have the persona pack active.

These issues are all secondary to what appears to be the actual problem. These errors occur in database.log when executing your mod
Code:
[740865.481] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on TraitModifiers.ModifierId - "TRAIT_HOLY_SITE_RIVER_FOOD" does not exist in Modifiers
[740865.481] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on TraitModifiers.ModifierId - "TRAIT_INTERCONTINENTAL_DOMESTIC_FOOD" does not exist in Modifiers
Which causes shunt back to the game's main menu.

With either of R&F or GS running, TRAIT_HOLY_SITE_RIVER_FOOD is eliminated and replaced with a different modifier.

TRAIT_INTERCONTINENTAL_DOMESTIC_FOOD does not appear anywhere in any of the game's xml files. So it is not only eliminated when one of the expansions is running, it is not even a part of the game at all even when only running Vanilla.

Last edited:
Top Bottom