On diplomacy screens, the AI's don't say anything

DMOC

Mathematician
I just installed BUG 4.4 and when I open a game to play and meet an AI leader, I cannot see any text. There's the leader, but there is no "Greeting" message or "Declare war" message that should appear when you meet a leader for the first time. In other words, the text itself on the AI screen (when you click on the AI's name on the scoreboard) is missing.

Also, I didn't uninstall the previous version of BUG I had (3.6) before upgrading because I did not know how to do so. Could that be it?

All right, this is confusing.

I decided to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then reinstall BtS since all my issues with B.U.G. just became too much for me. I thought it would be best to just delete the whole game, then restart anew.

But then I start up a new BtS game, and what do I get? The SAME problem I listed in the first post. :crazyeye: What's more, despite the fact that I deleted the B.U.G. folders (because I don't know how to uninstall the mod), I STILL had B.U.G. on my reinstalled BtS game?!?

So here are two screenshots that may help. Here are my folders. What do I need to specifically do to uninstall the B.U.G. mod? Knowing the simple act of uninstalling this mod would have made the whole issue never happen.

It all depends on where you install BUG and what folders you deleted. The folder you are currently looking at should be the one that definitely needs deleting - the CustomAssets.
If you are using BUG as a mod, then you have to clean up your mods folder too though. There should be a "Bug mod" folder om C:\program files\<civ4 folder>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ , which might need cleaing too.

Update: I figured out this problem.

I went to My Computer - Program Files - Firaxis - Civ4 - BtS - Custom Mods and then I clicked "back" but then the path suddenly changed to My Documents - My Games - BtS - MODS and then I find the uninstallation application here?!?

This is soooooo confusing but I got it in the end. To make the mod easier to uninstall it would be best to have the "installation/uninstallation" application (with the icon of a ladybug) always available rather than only in one directory.

To make the mod easier to uninstall it would be best to have the "installation/uninstallation" application (with the icon of a ladybug) always available rather than only in one directory.

I'm not quite sure that I follow. When you install BUG it gives you the option to create a Start Menu which has a shortcut to the uninstaller as well as the mod and help files. Plus, if it detects Python files inside the CustomAssets folder, it gives you the option of renaming that folder. Did you not get these options?

I tried to make it as easy as possible, but having to install into the CustomAssets folder to support succession games made it a lot more complicated. I envy all the other modders that get to install into their own clean folder! :sad:

BUG won't put an icon on the desktop--only in the Start Menu. I assume you're using the EXE installer, right? It should definitely have complained about the files in CustomAssets.

Top Bottom