On King difficulty, is it normal for most other Civs to beat you to the classical era

Leathaface

Emperor
This is happening with me ATM.

Obviously I can barely get a worker out and get more food to increase my population, which would help science. But is that normal? I'm not falling behind?

Too many factors contribute to a lead. I know I always start at the bottom and have to work my way up the chart.

To anwser, for me it is normal.

Yeah, Classical era is not that big a deal. If they're two eras ahead, that's a problem. But someone entering the classical era means they could be one or two techs ahead. They might even be behind in techs if you didn't beeline for something.

But building a better foundation makes far more sense than entering the classical era first. You don't get points for being first, you get points for being better.

Threre isn't any need to get to the classical era first anyway. Focus on the resource techs you need, then be hitting philisophy by the time you've got two cities with libraries, or library in your capital only if you're planning on waiting till National College is built before settling second city.

If you don't have good growth tiles, get granary before worker, and aim for the tradition policy that gives +2 food. if you don't get the +20 culture from a ruin, hard build the monument to get the policy faster.

Top Bottom