One bad surprise in the new addon pack...

Why the f*ck Baltic civ's troops are speaking Russian ? :mad:

Is this some stupid way how to offend Latvians, Estonians and Lithuanians ?

We have suffered so much from Russian invaders and yet, Dale, u still try to mock us ? :mad:

I hope this will be fixed ASAP!

U can use any friendly language u want instead, just don't make any free country look like it's past oppressors, it's very offending!

Crash757,

I suspect much of your post is sarcastic, since Dale does not seem to be the kind of person that would intentionally insult or mock others. This oversight was an accident, I am sure.

Its surprising to me that MORE accidents don't occur in these historical scenarios, especially ones of recent history. It is difficult for those of us far removed from the events to add flavor to the scenarios without making them distasteful to some. Thanks for pointing out the mistake, and for being honest about the issue.

Crash:

There was no insult intended.

How's this for an idea. Browse to ..\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Units (the vanilla folder) and take a look at the nation voices. Record yourself speaking those phrases in your language and send them to me, and I'll make the Baltic civ speak in your voice. I'm going to do it for the Aussies, so feel free to do it for the Baltics. :)

Otherwise, choose another civ's speech and I'll change it.

Don't be so offended, I can see why it's very upsetting, but to english speaking ears you must understand that russian sounds like every east european tongue out there. I'm aware there are differences, and I've learned to tell them apart, but it's mostly just an issue to make the english speakers content in not hearing foreign troops speak english. However Latvian would be a welcome voice set for general modding, so please record some if you can!

How's this for an idea. Browse to ..\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Units (the vanilla folder) and take a look at the nation voices. Record yourself speaking those phrases in your language and send them to me, and I'll make the Baltic civ speak in your voice. I'm going to do it for the Aussies, so feel free to do it for the Baltics.
Hmm, nice idea :)

Though i'm not very good actor, i will better get at least some semi-proffessional actor for such recording :)

I'll report back when the new voice files will be ready ;)

Top Bottom