One City Acheivement bugged?

mrmike1949

Chieftain
OK, I know I selected "One City" in advanced set-up, and when I conquered my opponents 1st city, it was instantly razed, which is what should happen in 1 city challenge. I conquered his 2nd (and last) city, and game over, I won,;;;but no badge for 1 city challenge.

Do you have to have a standard size map or above? I've seen that as a requirement in other accomplishments.

Did only having 1 opponent mess it up?

What went wrong?

ps I have all DLC

Moderator Action: Not an S&T topic, so thread moved to General Discussions.

You might recheck your Steam achievements listing. If you already have the achievement (here, One to Rule Them All), the achievement won't fire a second time.

check - no I don't have the achievement yet - it was the first time I tried to get it, and I don't want to try again until I figure out what went wrong, do I need to change my set-up somehow.

to mod: thanks, only reason it was in this forum was I posted after doing a search that left me in this forum (and I didn't notice) For future reference, how do I ask a mod to move a thread? I couldn't see a simple way to request it.

to mod: thanks, only reason it was in this forum was I posted after doing a search that left me in this forum (and I didn't notice) For future reference, how do I ask a mod to move a thread? I couldn't see a simple way to request it.

Red triangle with exclamation mark is used to report posts. :)
Do you play in offline mode by any chance?

Red triangle with exclamation mark is used to report posts. :)
Do you play in offline mode by any chance?

Ah, I didn't notice the triangle, thanks

Play offline? No, at least not on purpose: does the game crash/stop if internet goes down?? I wonder if Steam logs back on if it hiccups? I''l have to check that, too bad I don't have a save game to retry

As The Pilgrim notes, just report your own post if you want something administrative done to it (move post, change thread title, fix a poll, etc.). He's also right that being offline from Steam is the most likely reason the achievement failed to fire. Some achievements are bugged and others can only be earned if you disable one or both of the expansions, but this one is not, to my knowledge, one of those.

Single city means single city. You cannot capture any cities in the game so you only ever have your capital city to earn this achievement.

Single city means single city. You cannot capture any cities in the game so you only ever have your capital city to earn this achievement.

But when I did capture a city, it was instantly razed because I had "One City Challenge" turned on. That is, it was automatically razed, I didn't get any option menu or choice to "Raze/Annex/Puppet". So, it would seem like you're supposed to be able to get a Domination win, but it may be bugged

Top Bottom