One Civ Color for Units?

Corn Shucker

Great Khorn
Whats the easiest way to make a certain unit have a certain civ-specific-color. Like red? Say I wanted a unit to always have the civ-specific-color part of the unit always be the roman's civ-specific color (red) no matter who owns the unit, how would i go about doing that?

thanks

It would take some palette magic.

First your palette would need a copy of the 64 civ colors row, except with all the blue turned to red... (can be done with a hue map)

Then you would need to redo the rest of the 96 "static" colors (164 - 64 = 96), so the unit would still have some personal color scheme.

Then you would simply color re-place the 0-64 of the blues with 65 - 128 of the reds...

That is how you would do it just to change a premade unit.

If you make your own unit, you simply don't have any civ color in it... (usually blue).

Ok, i think im lost, how do i get a copy of the 64 thing and how do i change it all to red using a hue map?

Also, can i sue Civ3FlcEdit to do this? if so how? :D thanks

In paint Shop Pro 7+ (maye earlier, not sure) You can use the hue map tool, or teh hue/saturation/lightness tool. You would have to use it to understand.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2618464&postcount=10

Read this to get the idea. The100thBalloon wants to do much the same, except he just left spaces 65-128 1 color, because that is the palettes the army unit uses if flagged as an army unit.

In 65-128, you would use PEdit to fill in those spaces with the reds... so you can do a color swap. I think you'll need more tools than just civIIIflcedit.

You also might want to read the FLICster thread..... it explains alot about palettes.

Lol didnt know it was going to be this difficult to make them all the same color :(.. first of all i dont have PPS at all... but i do have GIMP. I think this is a little bit too far over my head cause im not really getting it lol, i guess ill just try to get by w/o it. Thanks anyway.

Hmm hey, if anyone has any spare time, could you take the "Musketman" from the "Napoleonic Erope" conquest, and make it the color dark red (Byzantines default color) for all civs [like what i wanted above^^] I would appreciate it. I would do it, but I have no idea how to do it (even though im sure Neomega did a great job...its just me lol), and i sure don't have any experiance with palettes. (Not to mention i've already tried to figure it out for a couple hours with no luck :crazyeye: ) Anyway I would appreciate it! :D

Attachments

• paletteissue.JPG
    paletteissue.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 70
Hmmmm is it possible if its sent just to me?

Top Bottom