One more civ from each continent

Ghafhi

Warlord
If civ people asked you to pick a civ from each continet to add which would you choose

Continents? I guess I'll stay with the traditional:
North America: Maya
South America: Brazil
Europe: Celts
Africa: Ethiopia
Asia: Turks
Oceania: Indonesia (or is that part of Asia? Melanesians if so)

Toft - where?

Pretty much agree with Crayton - Indonesia doesnt count as Oceania normally, but I've always thought 'Asia' was too big and varied to count as one thing. One 'Arabic' civ - of which the Turks is a must and an SE Asian civ like the Khmers. Also I think Korea should make a reappearance along the line. Which leaves Oceania - and I'd give it to the Maoris/Polynesians rather than the Kooris or Aussies/Kiwis.

North America: Maya
South America: Inca
Europe: Magyars
Asia: Turks
Africa: Abyssinia
Oceania: Tonga
Antarctica: ...use this place to make another one for Asia, Harappans...

Ha... I thought the Maori were Melanesians. I would vote for which ever ethnicity the Maori are.

Also, the Turks are by no means Arabic. I think you meant 'Islamic' civ. This generally corresponds to the Middle East after 700 AD.

Asia: Mesopotamia
Islamic: Turks

I just want both in.

Europe : Vikings
Asia : Turks
Africa : Ethiopia(Abyssinia)
N.America : Sioux
S.America : Creole
Oceania : Maori

Aren't the Creole a mix of Spanish, French, and African?
I like the mix. Good Chioce. I think they reside in the Caribbean though.

Crayton said:
Also, the Turks are by no means Arabic. I think you meant 'Islamic' civ. This generally corresponds to the Middle East after 700 AD.

Asia: Mesopotamia
Islamic: Turks

I think I did not. I think I meant the Turks of the steppes and their ancestors, thankee. ;)

Crayton said:
Aren't the Creole a mix of Spanish, French, and African?
I like the mix. Good Chioce. I think they reside in the Caribbean though.
Yes mostly in the Carribean, and some in South America. Today there's a huge Hispanic population in the world and I assumed Creoles would better represent some portions of those people than Aztecs or Spanish.

Okay, okay. Thanks, HourlyDaily, for being nice. Don't worry, NorthKing, I wasn't refering to you. I agree there are about 10 civs from Asia that should be allowed before any civ from, say, South America (don't quote me on that :)). I guess we should just pick 1 from Asia, as was asked of us, before we start dividing Asia up. On the other hand, we have had so many of these discussions.

And, can "Latin America" be a civ?
Maybe also "Anglo America" to appease the Cannucks?

Europe - Netherlands, with Portugal, Sweden and Poland clustered close behind.
Asia - Turks, with Korea, Israel and Babylon close behind.
Africa - Ethiopia
North America - Iroquois.
Central/South America - Maya
Australia/Pacific - Polynesians

My choices:

Middle-East: Assyria
East Asia: Kampuchea (Khmer)
Africa: Ethiopia
Europe: The Netherlands

For the Americas/Oceania, I might play with the idea of adding other modern civs, like Canada, Argentina, and Australia, though I'm not too jazzed about it.
Don't really feel like putting in the Maya or another Iroquois.

Top Bottom