One Piece Mod

chadm290

Chieftain
For fans of One Piece, I am currently working on a mod that introduces new civilizations to Civ 5 G&K based off popular characters. I would like to have your ideas.

Here are the current Civs I have implemented:
Spoiler :
  • Monkey D. Luffy - The Strawhat Pirates
  • Whitebeard - The Whitebeard Pirates
  • Gold Roger - The Roger Pirates
  • Shanks - The Red Hair Pirates
  • Portgas D. Ace - The Spade Pirates
  • Dracule Mihawk - The Hawkeye Pirates
  • Trafalgar Law - The Heart Pirates
  • Fleet Admiral Sengoku - The World Govt
  • Buggy the Clown - The Buggy Pirates
  • Crocodile - Baroque Works
  • Boa Hancock - Kuja

Here is the current traits(Haven't focused on balancing them yet):

*I will go into more detail about each civs UU after explaining other things

Spoiler :
Luffy - Luffy's Will Of D.
UA - Fishing boats provide +1 Food and Gold.
UU - Thousand Sunny
UB - Luffy's Food Bin - Increases food yield by 1 for each of the following: deer, crabs, sheep, cow, fish, and whale. The idea here is that it increases food from meat based resources. Replaces Granary

Spoiler :
Whitebeard - The Whitebeard Alliance
UA - Receive an extra warrior at the start of the game. Has a 25% chance to recruit land encampments and sea barbarians after defeating them
UU - The Moby Dick
UB - Commanders Base - Provides twice as much(30xp) to sea units. Provides +2 Replaces Barracks

Spoiler :
Gol D. Roger - Roger's Will of D
UA - Defeated barbarian encampments provide + 100 gold. If a natural wonder is found, provides + 750 gold if Roger discovered it first, otherwise, provide 250.
UU - The Oro Jackson
UB - Rogers Treasure Chest - Replaces Bank. Provides + 30% gold to city.

Spoiler :
Shanks - Never hurt my friends
UA - 25% decrease in City State influence drop rate. City States give twice the amount of food, culture, and faith.
UU - The Red Force
UB - Shanks Fort - Replaces Castle. Provides more defense points to city. Also provides 10% gold increase.

Spoiler :
Portgas D. Ace - Ace's Will of D.
UA - Gain + 1 production per city. Gain a free worker upon researching Masonry.
UU - The Burning Spade
UB - Spade Factory - Replaces Factory. Does not require Coal to build.

Spoiler :
Dracule Mihawk - The Greatest Swordsman
UA - Iron provides 2x quantity. Mines provide +1 gold
UU - Wings of the Hawk
UB - Mihawk Forge - Replaces Workshop. When built, iron provides +1 production.

Spoiler :
Trafalgar Law - The Surgeon of Death
UA - Gain Great Scientist at double rate. Fishing boats provide +2 science
UU - Heart of the Sea
UB - Operating Clinic - Replaces Hospital. Along with the standard benefits of a hospital, the operating clinic provides +25% science.

Spoiler :
Fleet Admiral Sengoku - The World Govt's Justice
UA - All units recieve the Amphibious promotion. Adopt policies 10% faster.
UU - Marine Ship - Replaces the Privateer
UB - Marine Base - Replaces Harbor. Along with the standard benefits of a harbor, the marine base provides +1 culture from sea resources.

Spoiler :
Buggy the Clown - Clowns and Cannons
UA - All strategic resources provide +1 [ICON_GOLD] Gold. Cannons have increased range and sight via promotions.
UU - The Big Top
UB - Cirque Du Buggy - Replacing the theater, this building increases the happiness and gold based on population

Spoiler :
Crocodile -The Promised Utopia
UA - Recieve 1 extra spy. All units recieve an additional 2 movement during a Golden Age.
UU1 - Pluton Prototype
UU2 - Baroque Missile - Replacing the Guided Missile, The Baroque Missile can be built much earlier and faster, but it's power and range is cut by half. Can be mounted on the Pluton Prototype.

Spoiler :
Boa Hancock - Power of the Kuja Pirates
UA - Land and sea unit maintenance reduced by 10%. Units level up 25% faster.
UU - Deadly Beauty
UB - Kuja Battle Ring - Replacing the Collosseum, the Kuja Battle Ring provides +1 Faith, and +1 Gold from Jungle Tiles.

UU explanation
Spoiler :
This mod will also add a new unit to the game, the Legendary Ship. This unit is very powerful, trumping even the battleship in strength. But the catch is only one can exist at a time for each civ(if it is destroyed, it can be rebuilt). All of the civ's UU mentioned above replace this ship. I haven't add any unique features, but will add them soon. I am also looking for ideas about what features to add to.

UPDATE: The legendary Ship has it's own mod. The other civ mods now depend on this mod to be activated(unless specified).

This is my first mod, and all I used was XML. I will look into some Lua programming later to see about making the civs more unique.

Right now, I an having trouble coming up with some good city names
Spoiler :
For Luffy, I used area names that he has visited, bit it is harder for the other ones. For the rest, I used a standard format. For example, this is Whitebeards city names:
Whitebeard Headquarters(for the capital)
Whitebeard base 1
Whitebeard Base 2
Whitebeard Base n

The other civs besides Strawhats follow this pattern as well.

It was temporary solution, but I want to add more uniqueness to it. If someone who is also a fan of the anime can help, it will be appreciated.

New Natural Wonder
Spoiler :
Also, I will eventually add a new natural wonder to the game. Called the One Piece, it will be a very rare natural wonder that gives the first finder 5000 gold.

So far, I have no models for this mod, I am just using models from the game. If someone would like to make models for the UU and the natural wonder, that would be great. I say this because I have no experience whatsoever in making models.

Well, that was a mouthful. But let me know what you think. I am taking suggestion on improving this mod as well as question. I hope this mod interests many people.

Thanks

Here are some gameplay screenshots:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Do you have any screenshots?

Just uploaded screenshots to the original post. Will have some more later on.

Now there are portraits and jolly rogers(which are used for the civ's icon) under each trait explanation.

Moved the thumbnails from the first post to the 2nd post as images with the screenshots. I will try to have a beta version of the mod up on this thread by 10:00.

I am now working on making the images smaller so the mod wont be as big(Currently, its 412MB). I am also splitting the mods up by civilization. I will try to have them finished tomorrow.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it may be a couple more days before I have them ready. I have limited access to the internet. Will keep you updated. Sorry for the delays.

I will post links to the mods here. Here is the available ones so far:

New civs mods:

Here is the link for the Legendary Ship Mod:
Legendary Ship

7/1/2013 UPDATE: All mods except Sengoku and Legendary Ship are updated to V2. This version consists of various changes, including file seperation for the Legendary Ship mod, and also has updated Leader Dialogue. These mods are also available in Steam Workshop.
*All civ mods except Sengoku now require the Legendary Ship mod to be activated. Make sure you also download this mod before activating the other mods(with the exception of Sengoku).

7/22/2013 Update: All mods have been updated. I haven't been updating them on this thread, but I have been focusing on updating them in Steam Workshop(Sorry for the inconvenience). Added Three new civs since the last time I was on here. Also, the Legendary Ship has been updated.

Link to Steam Workshop One Piece Collection: Click here
A new mod will be released next week!
If you have any questions or suggestions, post them on this thread or comment in Workshop. Hope you enjoy these mods!

You should add the world government and they should be led by Kong or the gorosei. And you can add the marines and let them be led by akainu.

You should add the world government and they should be led by Kong or the gorosei. And you can add the marines and let them be led by akainu.

Yea I know I will add them eventually, but I am still thinking about how I should set them up. I thought about adding the World Govt and the Marines as One civ(with Sengoku as the leader), and instead of the Legendary Ship replacement, replace the privateer with the Marine Ship.

These are just thoughts that was running through my head, though. Thanks for the input!

Ok, I got the other three mods both on this thread and Steam Workshop. I will try to have a new one by next Monday. If you have a request, or would like to add feedback on the currently available mods, please feel free to reply to this thread. It would be greatly appreciated.

All civ mods have been updated to V.2. They are currently in Steam Workshop, but I will have them available to download from this thread on Monday. There will be a new civ uploaded on Monday as well.

I have uploaded a new mod, the World Govt! This civ is led by Fleet Admiral Sengoku, and has the Marine Ship that replaces the Privateer! Also, I have uploaded the links in this thread to V2, as well as a link to the new civ and the Legendary Ship mod.

Sorry about not keeping this thread updated. Check out the downloads for THREE new civs! Also, the Legendary Ship and all other mods have been updated as well.

Top Bottom