OOS error with BUFFY

I've been having a similar problem to everyone else, but I'm not sure this should be here (if possible to move to more appropriate thread please do so).

I have the BUFFY 3.19.003 mod and was constantly bugging (no pun intended) my brother to get it. I finally just downloaded it onto is computer just using the defaults in the installation process. After that, even though we weren't actually using the mod in an MP game, the game would go OoS every few turns. As a guess I tried deleting the mod from his computer and it has worked fine ever since. My question is now, why did it cause the OoS and how can we fix it so we can use the mod?

Woah! Mod's have their own scripting, that's cool.

[mod4]Does it work for regular users?[/mod4]

Yes, it does! You could really impersonate a mod with that...

Edit:

Added no parse tags, so I don't get in trouble...

Woah! Mod's have their own scripting, that's cool.

[mod4]Does it work for regular users?[/mod4]

Yes, it does! You could really impersonate a mod with that...

Edit:

Added no parse tags, so I don't get in trouble...

yeah it does - which is why there are rules against using the mod tags by civilians :mischief:

I have no idea how you could get an OOS error when not running BUFFY. Everything is installed into a separate subfolder in the Mods folder, and if you don't load it, it doesn't run. :hmm: Are you positive you two weren't using the mod at the time?

BUFFY (and BULL which is included in BUFFY) did have a nasty OOS issue, but I fixed it a couple months ago. I do not remember off the top of my head if that made it into the a BUFFY release yet, but it's been a while since 3.19.003 came out IIRC--before the fix.

I have no idea how you could get an OOS error when not running BUFFY. Everything is installed into a separate subfolder in the Mods folder, and if you don't load it, it doesn't run. :hmm: Are you positive you two weren't using the mod at the time?

BUFFY (and BULL which is included in BUFFY) did have a nasty OOS issue, but I fixed it a couple months ago. I do not remember off the top of my head if that made it into the a BUFFY release yet, but it's been a while since 3.19.003 came out IIRC--before the fix.

Yeah, I'm sure. That's why it confused me so much. We tried loading a game with BUFFY but it went OoS right away...as opposed to before (no mods) when it would be every five-ten turns. Ever since I've deleted it from his computer (but I still have it) it's worked fine.

Well, I'm not really sure what I can do about it. :( If Civ4 is loading mod files when the mod isn't loaded, there is something seriously wrong with Civ4. Unless the installer for BUFFY has changed recently, all BUFFY files are installed to the BUFFY mod folder.

Also, that it happens only on your brother's machine but not yours (you still have BUFFY installed) leads me to believe his installation of Civ4/BTS is broken.

Also, that it happens only on your brother's machine but not yours (you still have BUFFY installed) leads me to believe his installation of Civ4/BTS is broken.

Actually you may be right there...we had some difficulties getting it installed...I might try uninstalling/reinstalling when he's not looking (he'd freak out on me otherwise :mischief:)

Top Bottom