Opening Logos and "Input not Supported"

Karatekid5

Warlord
I've ran Civ V on this computer for the past 4 years without any problems whatsoever. However, starting today I've noticed a problem that has been getting on my nerves. I have changed no settings whatsoever, but sometimes when I open the game, my monitor will go black and display a blue box that says "Input not Supported" instead of the opening logos (2k, Firaxis, and Steam Workshop). I have to turn the monitor off and on to get back into the game.The monitor's resolution is 1920x1080 with up to 75 Hz. Again, this only happens occasionally, which of course makes this much more difficult to diagnose. It's more likely to happen if I close the game and then wait 15 minutes+ before opening it again. To fix it, I tried re-installing the game.

After a few reloads of the application after the re-install, everything seemed normal. It always played the opening logos correctly and I played for a few hours without issues. To test it one more time, I closed it and waited 15 minutes to reopen it again.....the opening logos were completely glitched out. Then the game loaded up normally. I also tried verifying the Steam cache and I'm repeatedly testing it to see if I can find anything else wrong. Anyone know what this problem might be?

EDIT: "Input not Supported" still happening. Could this be buggy AMD drivers? DxDiag is attached.

EDIT 2: Apparently the opening logos are a part of the opening movie file. So, the game seems to be rendering the opening movie file incorrectly.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    64.7 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom