Opening mod in modbuddy

nokmirt

Emperor
I do not have a civilization 5 solution file for a mod I want to open in ModBuddy. How do I open the mod via the MODINFO file or the CIVMOD file? I've done it before with one of these files, I just remember how.

When I was able to open either of those files (can't remember which one), it showed all of the folders, xml, sql files were organized as if you opened a solution file.

Thanks for any help with this.

AFAIK, you can only open a .civ5sln or .civ5proj in ModBuddy. To do what the OP is asking about (i.e., only having a copy of the built mod), you'd have to recreate the solution. Add all the files (except the .modinfo); then, using the .modinfo as reference, duplicate the Properties, the VFS state of the files, Actions, Events, and References.

To do what the OP is asking about (i.e., only having a copy of the built mod), you'd have to recreate the solution. Add all the files (except the .modinfo); then, using the .modinfo as reference, duplicate the Properties, the VFS state of the files, Actions, Events, and References.

My ModTools utility does this

"Download the zip file and the rename it as ModTools.jar"

Click on "zip file"

"Download the zip file and the rename it as ModTools.jar"

Click on "zip file"

So i downloaded your utility, downloaded java, now i'm unsure how to open it.

"
How To Start The Utility
To start the tool ...
... if Java is installed on the path, double-click "ModTools.jar",
... otherwise, from a command prompt, enter "{path_to_java}\java -jar ModTools.jar"
"
by if java is installed on the path do you mean if ModTools.jar is located where java.exe is?

I even have both the JRE_HOME path in environment variables
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_311"

and the java home path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath

but

'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java -jar ModTools.jar"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and

'"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe -jar ModTools.jar"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Do i need to restart pc or? I even right clicked the zip file that I renamed and tried to open it with java.exe, still nothing, nor error no pop up window no nothing

Last edited:
so I made a batch file with the command java -jar ModTools.jar and it worked, an even easier method was to rename it ModTools.jar before actually downloading it. you said rename it after you downloaded it

It isnt displaying any vox populi mods as an option, why is that?

Last edited:
Don't play with VP, so wouldn't know

May I ask how does your utility mod finds the mods that can be converted/ opened with mod buddy?

I downloaded the vox populi mods via an exe file and they placed all the mods in the civ mod folder. do I have to get the mods from steam?

Top Bottom