Opening Video Judders but sound plays...

Antmanbrooks

Prince
The opening video stops but the sound keeps on playing, on Civ IV (BtS & Warlords) the wonder movies and opening vid does the same?

I have a NVidia GeForce 6200.

Anyone got any fixes or ideas?

Since it keeps happening for both Col and Bts, I would think that it is your codec or that it is somehow player related...

Does any one know what format the movies are in? I know that there are some software-fixes for these problems.

Because you might want to look into a fix as soon as you can, I'll post a link with lots of downloadable fixes for you.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/leech.htm

I hope you can find a fix in there. Good luck!

Since it keeps happening for both Col and Bts, I would think that it is your codec or that it is somehow player related...

Does any one know what format the movies are in? I know that there are some software-fixes for these problems.

Because you might want to look into a fix as soon as you can, I'll post a link with lots of downloadable fixes for you.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/leech.htm

I hope you can find a fix in there. Good luck!

The video's are .bik file format which is Bink Video, I downloaded their RAD Tools but I'm having the same problem... not sure what I'm looking for on that Doom9 website? But the video file format is .bik if that helps you pinpoint what I may need to sort this problem out. It doesn't happen on the NVidia intro or the 2K intro just when it plays wonder movies or the intro movie.

The video's are .bik file format which is Bink Video, I downloaded their RAD Tools but I'm having the same problem... not sure what I'm looking for on that Doom9 website? But the video file format is .bik if that helps you pinpoint what I may need to sort this problem out. It doesn't happen on the NVidia intro or the 2K intro just when it plays wonder movies or the intro movie.
My gut feeling says this is a motherboard-driver issue, but I can't really tell you why.

I think updating the drivers for your motherboard - not your videocard - might provide a fix for this. It may also be caused by poor programming of the video itself, which means that the next patch for Col might fix it...

Out of the civ 4 col read me try this

"On certain video cards, you may experience stuttering during the opening, revolution and victory videos. To eliminate this effect, simply turn the anti-aliasing down to 0x, or set your graphics level to low

Nice one, that worked. All I did was turn anti-aliasing to 0.

Cool, thanks!

Top Bottom