opnion ciV xpac or ciVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandgeneralbob

Chieftain
I personally would rather have a sequel then an expansion, civ4 held my interest way longer than ciV. But all in all, maybe this game is just missing that one thing, just seems "dumbed down."

I personally would rather have a sequel then an expansion, civ4 held my interest way longer than ciV. But all in all, maybe this game is just missing that one thing, just seems "dumbed down."

I'd prefer a second expansion. CiV is in pretty good shape as it is, and the next entries in the Civ series (pre-expansions) are almost always worse than their fully-expanded predecessors.

As for being dumbed down, have you tried G&K? It adds a lot of depth, fixes a ton of bugs and balance issues, and holds up quite well against CIV.

No point to discuss. This is rant thread material.
Moderator Action: Don't troll around.

Not if we got a nice poll going.

Picking between an expansion and VI would be tough. The civ V graphics aren't even dated yet.

It is way way too early for civ 6. They can't even get bombers to attack human units before it wastes itself bombing a city to zero health, without having a chance to actually capture it. Let alone trying to bring a sequel out. Two to three years before that will happen. For now maybe 'One World' will address these game breaking AI mistakes when it comes out. This 2nd expansion will be the last chance for Firaxis to finally get this game fixed. Do you think they will do it? :(

haha People have been calling for Civ VI since release day, kinda silly. Its all but confirmed that there will be at least one more expansion. I had to laugh reading the "dumbed down" comment. People love to play that card, pretty silly its still happening.

After a better diplomacy system and a few more mechanics, this game will blow Civ IV out of the water... Expansion it is.

And ironically, calling the game "dumbed down" with no real substance of reason or discussion is a cliche argument that can only be described as, well, dumbed down.

Moderator Action: This is not what we consider an appropriate opening post here.
-> thread closed. Try better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom