Optimal City Placement

Winslot

Chieftain
I'm playing as Japan in the Earth scenario, and I'm wondering where I should place my cities. Including my capital, should I settle 2 or 3 cities? Where should I put them?

Thanks

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 328
Well I recommend the second city be placed on the Forested hill south of the incense that way it would have 3 resources in the first ring.

The third I am not sure of but would have to be further north to take the dye and coal. (don't need them yet)

I can't quite see whats to the south - could you move the screenshot - They might be whales south.

Incidentally It may have been possible to move the capital 1 W then you could have had another city to the east.

we will see what every one else recormends

Do you think putting a city below the incense would take anything away from the capital? Also, here are those updated screenshots.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 231
With map preknowledge: put the cap 1SW to be able to later settle on the silk. Otherwise you have to settle on silver to be able to work the fish E of the pigs. City below the incense is fine, don't really see where else to settle it.

Also I'd recommend worker and agri first instead of wb opening.

I just played this scenario as Japan. It's been a while. I played a peaceful space race game, by expanding south into the empty islands near Japan, and after Astronomy I placed about ten cities in North America for production, which the islands were weak on.
Anyway I had a tech lead, at Noble, so I spaced out around 1970 while displaying the leadership abilities of Lech Walensa. Fun game, if you enjoy peaceful expansion. Not for the warrior though.

I would settle on both Rice fields and 1NW from the Gold.

Rice is not high productive farm, but if you settle on it, you gain additional food. Also, you save you time, since you dont need build farms and roads. Moreover, you can skip Agriculture research

Top Bottom