Orbis New Civilizations Development

I like idea about Void element... maybe it should be unlocked at Sorcery, being something like metamagic for Dao ? Not very powerful itself, but improving existing spells and units, like Mikka said.

It's not exactly a civilization thing, but rather religion one, but I think it fits here - White Hand could use upgrade to Frosting Rider. Right now, they are somewhat lacking in units department - other units offer better units. It's mostly a gameplay thing but should be ok with lore :

I could imagine the greatest warriors of the Hand being Nive Riders. Now, there is no reason to believe that the Nive are actually ever ridden, but I like the idea of seeing great champions mounted on these large grey-furred beasts. I tend to think of them as giant wolves are bears usually so covered in snow as to blend in with the terrain.

EDIT: Something about Disciples of the Hand, from Age of Ice:

Spoiler AoI civilopedia, Disciple of Mulcarn entry :
The Frost Speakers, disciples of Mulcarn, were tolerated by most nations in the Age of Magic. They would pledge allegiance to no sovereign, but they did not speak sedition, either. Well beyond stoic in their demeanor, followers of Winter lost passion of all sorts. Initiation to this order involved bathing in icy waters overnight. Those who survived the 'baptism' usually had their outlook changed dramatically by it, without need of theological debate.

These cold men now lead the armies of their god. Slow to adapt to their enemies' tactics, their strength lies in unflinching rationality, carrying out their plans unhindered by fear, ambition, or personal attachment. They will patch up wounded soldiers with divine aid of their god-king, but evidence suggests their compassion is something to be desired. More than once Amurite recon patrols have found badly wounded Illian warriors buried in the snow--occasionally still breathing.

Maybe Void idea could be added as a promotion (or chain of promotions) for a shugenja or elementalist?
Reqiring for example at least air2, earth2, water2 and fire2...
It could give bonuses to other elements spells, resistancies to magical damage, and other things

Because the Hansea is the favorite wonder of Albrecht and because the Palatinates gains many profits (gold, hammer, food) with coastal cities, their flavor start may be changed to a 100% start next to the sea, like the Lanuns ?

I was wondering, since the Mechanos have access to Enchantment mana, if it would be possible to add some sort of unit enhancing spell on the order of enchanted blade or flaming arrows to the adeptus and/or techpriest?

I was wondering, since the Mechanos have access to Enchantment mana, if it would be possible to add some sort of unit enhancing spell on the order of enchanted blade or flaming arrows to the adeptus and/or techpriest?

Right now, you can hire an adept with guild of the nine and teach him Enchantment I, as you have this mana. But in general, I see no reason why Mechanos should start with mana. Maybe they should start with some resources - would be nice to have Iron in palace, but the way it works now, it would give all your units iron weapons even without required techs. So maybe just two resources (copper+mushrooms so they can always found Circle of Transmuters) and +25% :hammers: with Power ?

Because the Hansea is the favorite wonder of Albrecht and because the Palatinates gains many profits (gold, hammer, food) with coastal cities, their flavor start may be changed to a 100% start next to the sea, like the Lanuns ?

In new version of ErebusContinent mapscript they should start by the sea :)

Good ^^

And for Erebus ?

About Mecchanos, the enchantment mana is for the happiness bonus, and for me it is the optimistic vision of the industrial revolution for the future.

So maybe it would be better, if their palace just give happines bonus across the empire? Instead of enchantment mana? It would be more flavourfull

But if they have just a bonus with the palace, they can exchange enchantment mana to get an other bonus. No, it's good. ^^

And for Erebus ?

@Kalina : you told about the map ErebusContinent, but for the map Erebus ?

I gave them Copper, Refined Mana, and Gunpowder in RifE... I also gave their warriors (just the warriors, goes away when they upgrade) a -1 Attack Strength promo so they are 3/4 with copper. Better defense, equivalent attack.

It's exactly my first thought (well, it's very possible that it's not my own thought but something I saw in RifE :>). Gunpowder is problematic in Orbis as there is no gunpowder resource - Ahwaric decided it's made from very common ingredients so it's doesn't make sense to be one of map resources. Refined mana makes sense, I didn't mentioned it because I though it gives :hammers: bonus with Factory (it doesn't, it provides power with Power Plant and power gives bonus :hammers: with factory.
I really like warrior thing - I don't often play Mechanos, but when I do I often wonder why they are better at rushing than Doviello ;>

@Kalina : you told about the map ErebusContinent, but for the map Erebus ?

I don't think so. AFAIK Erebus mapscript is no longer updated and civ placement is mapscript's job. If Erebus author is still updating it, he can add coastal start for Palatinate pretty easy, I think.

maybe this is being a bit picky i know, but i really don't like the name 'risen emperor'. i mean, doesn't this risen emperor have a name? we don't refer to cassiel as 'fallen angel' or flauros as 'vampire lord' so it seems strange that one leader gets a description while the rest are given names. even if no-one knows who he really is or what his actual name is, i'm sure they'd have something better to call him.

maybe this is being a bit picky i know, but i really don't like the name 'risen emperor'. i mean, doesn't this risen emperor have a name? we don't refer to cassiel as 'fallen angel' or flauros as 'vampire lord' so it seems strange that one leader gets a description while the rest are given names. even if no-one knows who he really is or what his actual name is, i'm sure they'd have something better to call him.

He is Rahserat, the Angel of Good Intentions. One of Esus's angels. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=335081

That said, he is worshiped as essentially a god by his subjects. So I see nothing wrong with them knowing him as simply the Risen Emperor.

About the Palatinate... the cannon is less interesting than the trebuchet, because the cost of the trebuchet is the half of the cost of the cannon, and the advantage of the cannon face to the trebuchet is too small (and it is a desavantage for bombarding cities). The Khazads and the Mechanos have the trebuchet and a stronger unit for the cannon, maybe the palatinates should have one too ? Maybe a "bombard" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombard_(weapon)

I really like the palatinate, but they do lack an early economy thingie. Perhaps a baracks/archery range UB that would let melee and archers count as a citizen after 5 turns in town.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if the "greatsword" became available earlier.

I really like the palatinate, but they do lack an early economy thingie. Perhaps a baracks/archery range UB that would let melee and archers count as a citizen after 5 turns in town.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if the "greatsword" became available earlier.

They have some synergy with guilds. UBs provide XP/:commerce: for every guild present in city and unique courthouse give more maintenance reduction then normal one, which is very useful with guilds. I'd rather say they need some military and (especially) arcane boost, not economic one.
Of course, guild are mid and late game thing, but I think that some civs (like Amurites for example) shine later in game, at cost of early game weaker then, for example, Clan or Doviello.

With Albrecht you can have hammer bonus in all your cities with the trade routes. For example, a coastal city may have a port and a market to get a trade route at 2 with one of your city, with give a bonus of one hammer (with the doctrine tolls, of course) per route.

They have some synergy with guilds. UBs provide XP/:commerce: for every guild present in city and unique courthouse give more maintenance reduction then normal one, which is very useful with guilds. I'd rather say they need some military and (especially) arcane boost, not economic one.
Of course, guild are mid and late game thing, but I think that some civs (like Amurites for example) shine later in game, at cost of early game weaker then, for example, Clan or Doviello.

But, playing at Deity it's somewhat difficult to get ones greedy little hands on several guilds. And a single late economic UB, well it doesn't really have much consequence.

With the Hippus, they shine as their bonus comes early and have a chance to grow.
The economic synergy with guilds, outside of the -maintenance%, comes in at a point where you've allready won or lost.

Why are there 3 civilizations who you pretty much appear in the planescape torment game? (and the planescape universe)

Mechanos: In the planescape universe it is a lawful neutral plane, and the gravity is centered around each individual (giant) gear, and the entire sky is made of gears with the gearspirits doing all the mantainence, and Modrons doing all the fighting.

Dao: in the planescape universe tha dao are the race of genies that live in the elemental plane of earth.

Scions of Patria: In planescape torment, you find an undead civilization which all unite under 3 leaders (who unite under 1 imaginary one):worship:
Scions of patria is very much like that.

Top Bottom