Order Tenet, Iron Curtain not working

werothegreat

Warlord
In my game as Poland, I adopted Order as my Ideology, and eventually took Iron Curtain, which grants a free Courthouse on City capture, as a tenet. I took the tenet while engaged in a war with the Zulu. However, after taking the tenet, no free Courthouse appeared in any of the cities I took through conquest. Why is this happening?

...I'm aware of that. Are you saying I only get the Courthouse if I immediately annex the city?

Yes.

Courthouses' job is to remove the "Occupied" Status from a City (the icon you used for the thread). Occupied Cities produce a lot more unhappiness, and Courthosues remove this. However, Courthouses are one of the more expensive buildings in the game (costing you 4 maintenence per turn)

Iron Curtain, upon Annexing a city, skips the "Occupation" part because it grants Courthouse in each city that you have Annexed. These Courthouses are also free.

Immediately annex or immediately start razing. Both of which were pointed out in the previous thread about this "bug".

This is very badly worded because the choice to puppet or annex comes after capture so "upon capture" the courthouse should be there regardless of you puppet/annex choice. At least it works if one immediately annexes or razes.

Well, those options are presented after capture. If you select View, before choosing Annex, Puppet or Raze, you will see your free courthouse -- sitting right there. When you puppet, you're choosing to destroy the courthouse.

Should there be an "Are you sure you want to puppet?" caution when you pick Puppet? That would be a good addition in the patch (along with a fix to the "Liberate, Annex, Puppet or Raze, but no View" design flaw).

They should change the script a bit. So when you puppet or annex the happiness sink should be the same. Right now the UI says you'll lose more happiness by annexing when this policy makes you lose the same? or even less happiness if yu're puppeting.

I think its very confusing. I also was going to report this as a bug.

I though you receive free courthouse upon city capture no matter what. I thought conquering and capturing mean the same thing.

They do, in a sense. It's what you do after conquering (annex, puppet, raze) that is the confusing part for purposes of Iron Curtain. As noted above, if you view the city after conquering/capturing and before picking annex/puppet/raze, the free courthouse is there. A subsequent decision to puppet is what destroys the free courthouse.

They do, in a sense. It's what you do after conquering (annex, puppet, raze) that is the confusing part for purposes of Iron Curtain. As noted above, if you view the city after conquering/capturing and before picking annex/puppet/raze, the free courthouse is there. A subsequent decision to puppet is what destroys the free courthouse.

Well, then they just need to change it to stop puppeting from destrying the free courthouse. (no reason it should do that.. puppets normally won't build courhouses, and those are destroyed on capture.. so no problem.

Top Bottom