Overlords Max

打倒俄寇,反共產,反共產
消滅朱毛,殺漢奸,殺漢奸

Down with the Russian bandits
Oppose communism! Oppose communism!
Eliminate Zhu and Mao
Kill the traitors! Kill the traitors!

—real song written by Chiang Kai Shek, 1952
After the capture of Sakhalin and Okinawa, the Japanese were on their last legs in British India, Borneo, and northern Australia. The air force is gone, the fabled IJN reduced to a single decrepit battleship listlessly straggling in the Pacific.

However, in April 1944, a new threat arises: Russia! As the Generalissimo had feared, Stalin unwisely threw his lot in with the communists and attempted an invasion of East Turkestan. The KMT was ready with a large force spread across the whole front.

May saw the death of fathead Mao Tse-tung as he was killed by an American volunteer airstrike outside a small village in the Taklamakan desert, as well as the capture of Japanese-occupied Siberia by the KMT. The communists also saw their artillery whittled down to nothing as the Nationalist air force bombed everything red in sight, leaving only a few weak guerrilla units trying to flee to safe Outer Mongolian lines.

Besides the civil war, over the autumn and winter in Chungking, Chinese scientists were working on a powerful super-bomb that had the capacity to eliminate an entire city. Stalin, hearing about this development, still refused to negotiate with the Generalissimo until the capture of the Kamchatka peninsula in April 1945.

Japan is being turned over to civilian (Neutral) oversight as the KMT has no need to keep an occupation force in the pacified country.

On the European front, the Germans took back Paris from the Americans and the British Empire has launched its own offensive, liberating Denmark and capturing the important industrial city Hamburg. The eastern front continues to see tired German and Russian armies fight for rubble—will the end of the second front against China mean that Stalin turns his full might against the remaining Axis powers of Germany, Hungary, and Croatia?

I see you are using the "gift city" function, it does add a new dimension to this type of scenario. I hope the new unit stats are working out for you?
I do use the gift city. The Philippines went back to America (they did all the heavy lifting with their bombers), India back to the British, etc.—I want to build as close to “historic” borders as is possible.

I have not used the most recent update as I didn’t want to change the rules mid-game. Next one I start, I will start from the v3.scn. :)

June 1946 saw the last holdouts of the Japanese Empire crushed in Australasia by a combined American-British-Chinese offensive. Hitler, drugged and confused in his Warsaw bunker after the 2nd British seizure of Berlin declares war on his non-existent ally.

July saw the first American atomic bomb test, news of which caused Stalin to fly into a rage, declaring no other power will be allowed this powerful superweapon and issuing an immediate declaration of war against the United States, with Churchill vowing to help exterminate Bolshevism forever.

As of December 1946, the Axis consists entirely of the General Government in Poland commanded by Hitler and Feldmarshall Model, Bulgaria knocked out by the British in the autumn.

The front lines currently are the British occupying northern France, the Low Countries, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania (with Moldavia), and the northern tip of Norway.

The U.S., contributing too little, too late, occupies only a slice of France, most of Norway, Italy, and the incredibly Belushi-rich and much-sought-after Albania.

smallchiang.jpg

February 1948: the Chinese Republic joins the war against the Soviet Union and quickly becomes the first nation to use the atomic bomb. Not one, not two, but closer to twenty, obliterating most of Siberia. Despite the heavy use in the early campaign, by the next year the Generalissimo will have increased his stockpile to 48 bombs ready for deployment.

August, 1948: after a surprise landing in the Black Sea, the KMT captures Bucharest and Stalin agrees to a cease-fire; the Generalissimo is not pleased but with the whole of Siberia on fire, a possible ecological disaster would loom. In the intermediate months, the fires would be contained.

November, 1948: the Generalissimo breaks the cease-fire and pushes towards Novosibirsk, the Aral sea, and after launching a surprise atomic attack on the Ukraine, captures Crimea.

February, 1949: as the British fight the air war in Europe, a tired and disheveled Hitler arises from his third hideout in Tirana, Albania to find a mysterious telegram offering him refuge in the former Russian Far East, acting governor of a small city and far outside the reaches of both Western and Eastern Allies. With no other options, he accepts and is sailed away. sealed in the cargo hold of a Chinese freighter.

The atomic dragon crushed the soviet bear! Quite war support - This is what I wanted with this scenario, giving the player the option to wildly re-write WW2 - Hope you had fun on the campaign!
The Soviets are not finished yet. As a republic, the upper house forced a cease-fire in March, which I could then break in April. We’ll see how long it takes to finish them off!

Guess the end issue lays in the flag (japanese there ?)

Otherwise, the new tribe name could be altered to match a local counterpart ?
Per exemple, "russian" freeing from "soviet", "maoist" freeing from "chinese" and so on ?

Haha! :D
I'll add "Noschism" to the events.
In this instance, it may be helpful this round to have them around. In another playthrough as Germany, the Soviet Union was reborn in South East Asia after the fall of Tokyo—one other thing, as the German player, I’d like the option of not going to war with them even if they develop atomic bombs.

That's one hellish screenshot, dude! :)
They started it. :lol:

Guess the end issue lays in the flag (japanese there ?)

Otherwise, the new tribe name could be altered to match a local counterpart ?
Per exemple, "russian" freeing from "soviet", "maoist" freeing from "chinese" and so on ?
Aside from the graphics problems, problems about city names if they found new cities, the kinds of units they would have, and I think just a whole lot of wrangling that would be more trouble than it’s all worth. :)

1950 — End of the Line

The Babylonian Rebellion is eventually crushed in the south by the Chinese, in the north by the Russians, both sides in an on and off atomic war. Total victory was not yet achieved, but it would seem inevitable that Stalin’s legacy would be one of breaking up the country he tried to mold with his iron fist.

Hitler too would eventually be deposed as governor of Siberia by the Chinese, executed long after he stopped being useful.

Great Britain would come to dominate continental European politics for the next 50 years, America the hegemon of the Western Hemisphere, and China the strongest, richest power in Asia.

Did Hitler nuke your beach-head, or was this an atomic Normandy?
Atomic Normandy.

I noticed now enemies are tougher with the new rules, not like it was just strafing down column after column of Wehrmacht or any enemy. Another learning curve!

Re: cities. I actually hadn’t noticed, but on further reflection, England does seem to have an awful lot more pagodas than I remember seeing in documentary footage.

Can you take a screengrab of your Overlords folder and show me the files? It should look like this:

1695020048380.png

At the end of your rules file, Cosmic2 should be:
Code:
@COSMIC2
EventHeapSize,1000000,0
NoStackKills,1
AICapitalizationLimit,1500
CitySpritesPerTribe,1
CityPopulationLossAttack,2
CityPopulationLossCapture,2
NumberOfTerrainTypes,13
NumberOfUnitTypes,189
NumberOfTechs,234
RiverMultiplier,1,3
RoadMultiplier,1,3
RailroadMultiplier,1,6
TradeGoldMultiplier,200
TradeScienceMultiplier,100
NoIncrementalRushBuy,1
ProductionCarryOver,0

Can you also make sure all the options for city sprites are selected?
1695020188259.png

Let me know how things are...I want people to enjoy the correct city GFX... :)

Top Bottom