Overpowered Incas

I got to play my first non-Mongolia DLC game, it was a duel... I rolled Incas he rolled Aztecs. The map was hilly to boot. He had the fountain of youth closer to his capital than me, so he got the free +10 happy by putting a city next to it and double healing promotions at first. However, being able to move 2 when they can only move 1 is so freakishly powerful. You just stay 1 tile away from his swords, you can attack first at anytime but he can't attack first unless you get cornered. If an archer/catapult gets close enough to shoot, you can just bum rush it and kill it with your sword, they cannot move then shoot you. Your wounded can escape, his wounded cannot unless there is some kind of tricky setup going on.

To capture that FOY city... he didn't have a road yet to it and it was in the hills, he couldn't bring reinforcements fast enough. I also got to brush past it with a few swords to get the 2x healing promotion as well. I didn't go for horsemen, went right for steel, but 4 movement in the hills compared to 1 for his melee/ranged would have been ridiculous, esp with move after attack.

A nice bonus - you can move a worker into a hill and start working the tile the same turn.

What's really fun with the Inca is to build the Great Wall :) At that point you're basically untouchable on defense

Another OP DLC duel... rolled Spain. Found Cerro (sp?) right away cuz my build order was scout/scout. 500 gold, thought I would win quickly but I didn't have iron and they did so the money went to buying spears to defend iron. Settled next to Cerro for 20 gold a turn. Couldn't find other wonders so built a trirene and found great barrior reef(s) for 1000 gold about the time I got chivalry, bought some conquistators to add to my pikes and won.

Another duel... they rolled Babylon, thought I was dead. They turned GS into an academy, got a big tech lead early, but I spread out 5 cities to get 10 iron quickly. While those bowmen are great, an accelerated 10 sword rush was enough against 2 swords and some bowmen.

I never really played Spain. I know about insta-gold from natural wonders discoveries. Questions are : You can double gold output of Cerro? Same for all natural wonders? What about other ressource tiles?

I never really played Spain. I know about insta-gold from natural wonders discoveries. Questions are : You can double gold output of Cerro? Same for all natural wonders? What about other ressource tiles?

Oh yea... the normal 10 gold becomes 20 gold... finding El Dorado gives 1000 gold... Fountain of Youth gives +20 happy if in your empire... +20 happy!!!

Top Bottom