Overrun bug?

Sanveann

Chieftain
My husband and I are both avid Civ players and have noticed that sometimes an overrun that should happen doesn't. The strategy guide, and posts here, say that an overrun should happen at 7-1 (we had actually thought it was 8-1, based on our experience, but I guess we were wrong).

But we've both experienced times when we defeated an enemy by an even greater margin, but there was no overrun. For example, I'm sitting here watching my husband play. He just had a veteran warrior army (4.5 attack) attack a barbarian village (0.5 defense). With a 9-1 margin, that should have been an overrun, but it wasn't. What's up with that?

This sounds like a bug, but just to make sure.

Terrain has an impact naturally, so are you sure that the actual numbers was 4.5 vs 0.5 (showing on the screen when attacking) ?

Cause if you attacked over a river ( - 50%) for instance that would not give you an overrun anymore.

overuns don't count sometimes if it goes down to decimal points. But i had legions attack a barb and overrun happened so?

Yup, the screen definitely showed 4.5 to 0.5. We've definitely seen this happen before, too -- even when decimals aren't involved.

But we've both experienced times when we defeated an enemy by an even greater margin, but there was no overrun. For example, I'm sitting here watching my husband play. He just had a veteran warrior army (4.5 attack) attack a barbarian village (0.5 defense). With a 9-1 margin, that should have been an overrun, but it wasn't. What's up with that?

That exact same thing has happened to me. 4,5 against 0,5 but no overrun.

I always thought Overrun was only when you have a 15 to 1 advantage. (I thought I read that somewhere but I can't remember where.)

Top Bottom