Oversight or bug? collective rule disabled for venice on OCC

I don't think it's either. There's no reason they should get a unit from the SoPol if other civs don't, even if theirs can be used for something other than a city. I'd say it's a balance thing.

Assuming you can get other MoV in OCC., most likely an oversight. The testers don't have time to try every little little thing.

I suspect it was purposeful. If a regular OCC civ gets nothing from Collective Rule, why should one particular civ (Venice) get something? Remember that they had to recode Collective Rule in the first place just to give Venice a MoV in non-OCC games, so coding it to "give nothing in OCC" was unlikely to be an oversight.

Venice should get a MoV in OCC because the unit can be used for trade missions.

I never noticed because I can't imagine taking Liberty for Venice under any circumstance, and for OCC Liberty is almost as bad as Honor.

Just for fun I fired up a modern era Venice OCC game, and you do not get the MoV from collective rule, but you do start with a MoV, presumably from optics. Kinda fun, just explore with the MoV, do a trade mission with the first CS you meet and buy up all your infrastructure :)

I would say this is an over site that you do not get one from collective rule, the devs probably also never considered that any one would take Liberty in an OCC game

Why should Venice get anything from Collective Rule in OCC, when no other civ gets anything from Collective Rule in OCC? Just because another MoV is nice to have?

Does that mean Collective Rule should be changed to provide at least a generic GM for all other civs when playing OCC?

Venice should get a MoV in OCC because the unit can be used for trade missions.

I believe they do, just in Commerce, by finishing the Liberty tree, purchasing them by faith, and by accumulating enough GP points. Why should they get them from Collective Rule when nobody else gets anything there?

Why should Venice get anything from Collective Rule in OCC, when no other civ gets anything from Collective Rule in OCC? Just because another MoV is nice to have?

Does that mean Collective Rule should be changed to provide at least a generic GM for all other civs when playing OCC?

Good point :)
I was befuddled by the idea of taking liberty at all in OCC...

Yeah, I can't see it. The free worker and extra production are ok, but certainly not worth the cost. The free Great Person definitely isn't worth all the hoops to get it. Maybe if you're Poland and it's late in the game and you have a crazy amount of culture and just need a Great Musician to win, but that's still a bit of a stretch.

Top Bottom